close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Open questions

Thread began 4/10/2012 9:56 am by dvan_zelst | Last modified 4/11/2012 7:23 am by Jason Byrnes | 842 views | 1 replies |

dvan_zelst

Open questions

Dear Support team,

Thanks very much, it solved the issue regarding the URL fields not inserting the correct PHP code and sending me the patch to solve it. I hope it will be fixed with an update soon so others will not have the same issue.

Also i would like to ask a few more questions and hopefully you can answer them, i would really appreciate it.

1. The allow blanc validation always needs to be done after creating the form? Because when creating the form the only option available is: required and de-selecting this will not automatically create the allow blanc in the server validation.

2. Like mentioned before is there a way to create the http:// mask in the URL field in such a way that it still will validate as URL type field when something is inserted but also if only the mask stays (blanc) it will accept it as being blanc.

3. When i go into CSS Design for the form and then to Form Elements, the List and Menu type form fields. I have i want to edit their initial states or hover states etc, the values are always being reset to their defaults, i guess they should be able to set as well just like the text fields, radio etc etc. It does not work with List & Menu type fields, please check!

4. How can i style the font size and family of the File type input field? I want the font family and fontsize to be the same as all other input fields. All other fields are able to style within in the extension but the file type not. It would be nice if this form field type would also have some more styling options within the extension.

5. Will there be an update which covers the issue we worked on and maybe also the issue mentioned in point 3?

Thanks again for your support i really appreciated it!
Dave

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

1) Yes, the allow blank option must be applied after running the wizard by editing the Server Validation server behavior.

2) You will need to edit the Server Validation for the URL Validation type to apply the Allow Blank option.

3) I have logged a bug that changes to the initial state of list and menu form elements are not sticking to be corrected in future update.

4) the font properties of a file field are not treated the same across different browsers. the reason for this is that the browse button of the file field is an image that is generated by the browser. this is why the browse button looks different from one browser to the other. it is not possible to control the look of the browse button through CSS, this why there are no options to set properties for the file field.

5) yes, there will be an update released to cover the issues you have reported.

Sign in to reply to this post

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...