close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

How to add a Promo Code

Thread began 3/26/2012 11:40 am by cicyou421883 | Last modified 4/27/2012 2:57 pm by Jason Byrnes | 3377 views | 13 replies |

cicyou421883

How to add a Promo Code

I have Super Suite and need to add a promo code for free shipping. We currently have flat rate shipping set-up at a rate of $5.99. When a customer finds this special promo code, this flat rate of $5.99 would be deducted. Please advise as to how to set-up this promo code. Could not find tutorials.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

in the archived documentation section of the eCart support page:
ecart/

there is a tutorial titled "Creating a Coupon system for your eCart store", it was written for an earlier version of eCart, but the steps are the same in the current version.

cicyou421883

Tried the PDF Tutorial

Hey Jason, I have tried the PDF tutorial for this PromoCode several times since your post and cannot get the cart to respond. Everything seems correct, but nothing happens when I put to server.

Cart Page: Using PromoCode, I listed last vale at minus 5.99 discount for free shipping.

cart.php

Thank you. Cathy

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

send a copy of the cart.php page and the eCart object file from the WA_eCart folder please.

cicyou421883

Attachments for your review

Jason, cart.php PDF attached. When looking for the object file from the WA_eCart, In dreamweaver I created the e-cart object but cannot find the word object listed in the WA_ecart folder. I did see the word that I entered in the Webassist object panel in the californianatural_PHP.php file so I am sending that PDF.

If you need something else, let me know. Thanx, Cathy

Attached Files
californianatural_PHP.php (XHTML).pdf.zip
cart.php (XHTML).pdf.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Ok, so i see from the cart object file that you have set up the discount to apply if the promo code that is entered is:

WebAssist

testing your site and using the code "WebAssist" seams to work as intended, what promo cade are you testing with?

Note: PHP is case sensitive. "WebAssist" and "webassist" are not the same, make sure to use the correct case when entering the promo code.

cicyou421883

Promo Code Resolved

Hey Jason, Thank you so much for telling me that the coupon code was WebAssist. I followed the tutorial and thought PromoCode was the coupon code. The tutorial did not show me this as clearly as you have. I have changed WebAssist to what I want to call the coupon. Again thank you for your quick witted response. Best Regards, Cathy

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you're welcome.

cicyou421883

Promo Code not working for certain items

Hey Jason, So I found a bug. Current name of promo code is: biocell

The flat rate discount remains at 5.99 so there is free shipping.

Items on site that are less than 5.99 (IE: hair and nails are price at 4.99) when purchased with a quantity of 1, the promocode "biocell" eliminates the shipping set at flat rate of $5.99 and just applies the promo code flat rate discount. Therefore the total in cart is -$1.00 so we owe them $1.00.

I have tried to add session variables to create a subtotal of cart must be >.01 and many other like attempts, but Nothing appears correctly.

I have kept my current attachments the same as your last review.

Thank you for your help. I have tried for 2 hours to find the correct session variable with no luck.

Best Regards, Cathy

Attached Files
californianatural_PHP.php (XHTML).pdf.zip
cart.php (XHTML).pdf.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you need to add a trigger to the discount rule so that it will only apply if the cart subtotal is > 5.99

in the discount rule add another trigger:

AND
Taxable total for the cart is > 5.99

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...