close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

CMS , ecart and Security assist logins

Thread began 3/16/2012 1:49 pm by JamieEff | Last modified 4/13/2012 7:22 am by Jason Byrnes | 2966 views | 15 replies |

JamieEff

CMS , ecart and Security assist logins

Hey guys

Just wondering if the above 3 can use the same database and multiple login structure? Reason I ask is I know that the gallery module requires a separate database if you don't want the client to have admin login for power cms....

Tia

Jamie

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

CMS will create a users table named pcms2_users, as long as you set security assist to use a different users table, you can use the same database.

same with eCart, as long as the products orders and order details tables that you create don't share the same name as any of the CMS Tabes, you should have no problem using the same database.

JamieEff

Thanks Jason.

Is that easy to do? Do I do it before I add either ecart or security or do I do tha after installation?

Cheers

Jamie

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

it's just a matter of the names you use when creating the tables in your database for security assist or your products table.

you would need to create your products and users tables before using security assist or eCart.

JamieEff

I haven't done an ecart or security install yet.... Is the naming of tables part of the set up process for them or do I need to do that before? If so, .... How?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you can use our eCommerce database if you like:
ecommerce-database/

JamieEff

Thanks Jason

JamieEff

Just started looking through the data sheet/help files for ecart and now realise that I need to set up data assist first... Is that all part of the Ecommerce e database you linked to and I have downloaded and imported to MySQL?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Data Assist allows you to create pages to manage the tables in your database, you would be creating pages for managing the data in the eCommerce database.

JamieEff

Hey Jason

I am just about to start doing my first shop with WA products and am a little stumped on what modules I need to use to get the full shopping cart side of things built.

I have installed the DataAssist mod which all seems pretty straightforward but then am wondering what other mods are needed.

Am assuming that I need to use SecurityAssist to protect the pages?
Obviously eCart for the check out
Is there anything else?

Sorry for being a little thick...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...