close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

email header FROM label is blank

Thread began 7/25/2009 1:55 pm by skyll237680 | Last modified 7/27/2009 9:55 am by skyll237680 | 2251 views | 4 replies |

skyll237680

email header FROM label is blank

I have my contact form solution pack working after adding fields and changing form labels. When I fill out the form and send it, it arrives with all the correct form labels and input, BUT it no longer has either a name or an email address in the FROM of the email header (which it did in the beginning before I edited the file) I can't figure out how to get that back. I have Universal Email, but I am not familiar with how I might open universal email from where/which page, or how I would need to open it to fix this problem. Or would if be easier to tweak a bit of code somewhere on some page?

(note: I noticed in some of my early tested contact form emails sent at different stages of editing the file had the name in the FROM label of the email header, and then dome later had only the email address in the FROM label, but lately there is nothing at all in the FROM label of the email header.)

Thanks so much!

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

What do you have set as the FROM value? Did you include a FROM name? That may not work properly on windows php servers you need to leave the from name blank.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

skyll237680

Before I edited the file, it showed a FROM email address (no name, just an email, but that was fine), but then after I edited the labels, ids, etc., it no longer showed anything in the FROM. But I found out what was causing it. I had changed input name="Email_address" and id="Email_address", etc, in every instance on the contact page, to just one word "Email" in every instance that it appeared on the contact page. Apparently, there must be some other place/page where it needs it to remain "Email_address" because when I changed it back, it worked again.

It's working now, so I'm not going to leave it alone, but for future reference, what other files are dependent on these names. I am thinking that if I could find the other code that depends on the name, I could change it consistently everywhere it referrs to it, so then it would work.

thanks!

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The only place it might refer to it would be the universal email include file referenced on the page.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

skyll237680

thanks, I looked at the pages it UE referenced, and I did FINDer searches, but nothing turned up. I am sure there must be something there that I'm missing, but I'm not going to worry about it any further. I'm a glutton for straining my brain... just always trying to figure out how stuff "ticks"...but it's not to be this time... I just cannot figure it out. But the problem is fixed so that's the main thing! YAY!!!!

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...