close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Problem in creating dynamic pages

Thread began 3/14/2012 12:11 am by RockyJoe4ever437019 | Last modified 3/19/2012 10:41 am by Jason Byrnes | 2533 views | 7 replies |

RockyJoe4ever437019

Problem in creating dynamic pages

Hi guys

I have a problem in setting the database in dreamweaver to make dynamic pages.when I choose Binding and then recordset (qury) it gives me an error message but I'm sure that everything is correct.

please help me I really need you guys T______T

and here is the print screen of the problem : ?cgv56ac7vyjbv4u

PLEASE!!!!!

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

does this error occur when the recordset dialog box opens or when you click the OK button to create the recordset?

The error indicates a problem communicating with the MySQL server.

of you go to the Data Base tab and double click the connection then click the test button, does the connection test pass?

Are you using a local testing server or using the remote server as the testing server?

RockyJoe4ever437019

does this error occur when the recordset dialog box opens or when you click the OK button to create the recordset?

when I choose RecordSet(Qury) and then test it. it gives undefind error.

of you go to the Data Base tab and double click the connection then click the test button, does the connection test pass?

Yes

Are you using a local testing server or using the remote server as the testing server?

I choose Remote server and Testing server

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

"I choose Remote server and Testing server"

My question was geared more towards how the testing server settings are configured. is it configured to use a local server with wampp or xampp installed, or is it connecting to your remote host.

You say the error happens when testing the recordset, what is the structure of the table?

it may be one of the column names causing the problem.

RockyJoe4ever437019

I did not install xampp nor wampp I just install appserver.
you think that is the problem?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

no, it looks like appserver is just another Apache / PHP / MySQL / PHPMyAdmin installer just like Xampp or Wampp

I think the problem is your database table structure.

try using our free eCommerce database:
ecommerce-database/

RockyJoe4ever437019

I install xampp and the problem solved (;

and copy all the files in appserver --> www to xampp

but I do not know how to transfer the data entred by the user to the databse and display it in the dreamweaver. and how to link the pages in the live view.

I know that I'm asking to much but you were really a big help for me and for that I thank you alot and I want to learn alot from you

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the dreamweaver documentation:
WScbb6b82af5544594822510a94ae8d65-78d3a.html

has details on creating master and details pages, creating insert and update pages for what you are asking about.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...