close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

After update to 4.5.1

Thread began 3/08/2012 6:03 pm by rmcadams351257 | Last modified 3/12/2012 7:26 am by neilo | 1085 views | 5 replies |

rmcadams351257

After update to 4.5.1

Hi:
First let me say love your products and your support staff.

After I updated to 4.5.1 all of my gallerys have no pictures and anything I update through the back end ends up with no pictures. I get this error

function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open 'image_cache/imagesupload/crop/HuntingKnife-01-Blue-900x900_thumb_w126_h126/HuntingKnife-01-Blue-900x900_thumb_10300431.jpg' for writing: Permission denied in /webassist/plugins/catalog/scripts/resize_image.php on line 213
webassist/plugins/catalog/scripts" /> 10" Hunting Knife (New)

Also the image thumb on the check out page is gone to.
Im not sure what the permissions where before the update or how they where changed, but all worked fine until then.

Thanks for your help in advance
Ron

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

One of the updates is that it should be detecting the correct permissions to use, but it seems like that isn't working right. The permissions are now set in the database in the WA_Settings table.

In the previous version it always used 0777 for folders and 0644 for files. The new version could use 0755 for both if it detects issues with using 0777. I've opened up an incident to look into this with you. I'm interested to see why it might have failed on your server.... you can probably just update it in the wa_settings table to fix it, but I'm still curious to see why it didn't set it correctly in the first place.

Please update your incident with a good phone number and time to call and we will look into this with you and make sure it is resolved and ideally make sure nobody else runs into the same problem in the future.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

rmcadams351257

All is good now

Thanks Ray for your phone call and all your help in this matter. All is working fine now and I look forword to the new dot releace. Call you email me when it comes out, so I can update the other sties I have ?

Thanks again for all your help
Ron

neilo

How was this resolved, please?

I am having the same issue, and no matter what file permissions I use (DB) the exact same problem persists (oddly - apart from one item which shows OK).

Thanks.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The problem is that in the globals/globals.php file I have it set up to use the file permissions for the folders and the folder permissions for the files.

The solution is to update that in the globals.php file. I'll try to get an official update out early next week to resolve this and any other issues that pop up.

To fix this. go to /webassist/globals/globals.php and update lines 54-55 from:

$GLOBALS['permissions']['dir'] = base_convert($GLOBALS['WAGLOBAL_File_Permissions'],8,10);
$GLOBALS['permissions']['file'] = base_convert($GLOBALS['WAGLOBAL_Folder_Permissions'],8,10);

to:

$GLOBALS['permissions']['dir'] = base_convert($GLOBALS['WAGLOBAL_Folder_Permissions'],8,10);
$GLOBALS['permissions']['file'] = base_convert($GLOBALS['WAGLOBAL_File_Permissions'],8,10);

You will probably also have to delete the folder: /webassist/plugins/catalog/scripts/image_cache
Since it likely has folders with the wrong permissions already that will be recreated correctly now that the globals file was updated.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

neilo

Cheers Ray.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...