close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

including log in form on an other page

Thread began 7/24/2009 1:00 pm by michellem310468 | Last modified 7/24/2009 3:47 pm by Ray Borduin | 4032 views | 7 replies |

michellem310468

including log in form on an other page

Hello to anyone out there -

I should start off by saying that am new to the User Registration Solution Pack. I am trying to figure out how to include users_LogIn.php as a php include on a parent page. I can't seem to figure out how to do this without producing an error. The error I'm currently getting is:
"Fatal error: Call to undefined function wa_auth_rulepasses() in /home/agciorg/public_html/events/2009/GlobalPhosphorusCycle/registration/users_GuestLogIn.php on line 147".

Has anyone been able to successfully use the login form as a include? Any suggestions as to how I might accomplish this?

Thanks in advance!

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Don't do it.... just copy the form and have it submit to the current login page for the same effect and you don't need to have copies of the same code all over the place.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

michellem310468

Just copying the form doesn't work either. It is still not finding the wa_auth_rulepasses function (even though the link to the required file that contains this function is hard coded and not a relative link)

To clarify what I am trying to do...
My organization often has more than workshop for which we need to register/login users over the same period of time. A link on our site opens a popover box with a drop down menu that allows the user to select which workshop they want to login to. On Change, this selection displays a hidden div which contains the login form (either as an include or just copied code) specific to the workshop selected. But when executed the "Call to undefined function wa_auth_rulepasses() " error displays in place of the login form. I've entered in the complete http//... urls for all references files, but this doesn't fix it. I believe the trouble is arising from the fact that the form is appearing on a page that exists outside of the registration directory (although obviously I could be wrong).

From this description, is what I am trying to do possible?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I'm sure it is possible, but I'm also sure it is too complex for me to guess at the specifics.

michellem310468

OK - so to simplify things...
If I need the users_LogIn.php page to exist outside of the registration directory, what pieces of code would I need to modify to maintain functionality?

Thanks.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

If you have the page working in one directory, then you should be able to move it to another and as long as you updated the paths correctly it would work. You woulnd't have to update anything other than paths to include files, css, and images.

michellem310468

OK - then the issue must be the filename. How easy/difficult is it to change the name of users_LogIn.php? Other than instances of the filename in the file itself, where else in the accompanying WA files would I need to change the filename to keep things working properly?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Nowhere. The file name shouldn't matter. Maybe the form action. It doesn't matter where the file is or where the form is as long as the form submits to where the code is.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...