close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Pro maps google not working when uploaded to web site!

Thread began 3/03/2012 3:21 pm by isabella433611 | Last modified 3/04/2012 7:24 am by Ray Borduin | 1705 views | 3 replies |

isabella433611

Pro maps google not working when uploaded to web site!

I just bought pro maps google for a dynamic holiday rentals site. It all works fine in DW, but the map does not show up when I upload the page to the web server. Instead, there is a blank space. I followed all the instructions - got an API v2, etc. etc. from google and on their site it says there are 'no issues' with my api. I followed the (very simple and clear) steps on the DW pro maps google extension - entering the dynamic data from a pre-existing recordset (which brings up other info on the site)... I have run out of ideas.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is the site where it is supposed to be, but where there is instead a blank space (at the bottom of the page) of the size of the supposed map.

home%20details.php?propertyID=21

If I cannot get this to work, I will need to ask for a refund. I would prefer to get it to work though!

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It looks like you forgot to upload the file to your site:

google_javascript/wagmp_map_8.php

Make sure to upload the google_javascript folder and all of its files.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

isabella433611

Map now works but the rest of the page does not!

Hello,

Many thanks for pointing that out to me and for your prompt reply. I have now uploaded that file but the rest of the dynamic data on that page no longer shows up! It seems to be that I can have EITHER the map OR the other data, but not both!

This is leaving me baffled. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I am now using a test page for this, so as to allow my site's users to carry on without disruption. The page is now here:

testpage.php?propertyID=21

Please let me know what could possibly be wrong. Thanks again for your time.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Most likely the recordset isn't being returned to the first row. If you attach your map include file I can take a look and tell you how to fix it... you probably have to add a data_seek() call to return the recordset to the first row.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...