close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Problems with Universal Email

Thread began 3/01/2012 7:59 am by officeinfocom362633 | Last modified 3/05/2012 10:46 am by Jason Byrnes | 1537 views | 3 replies |

officeinfocom362633

Problems with Universal Email

Dear Sir

I made a form where I want to send messages to users from my data base with "CSS Form Builder" and then make him behave like an e-mail with the help of "Universal Email".

I made the recordset for that page I follow the instructions step by step, I fill "To" field with my email address and BCC from recordset.

When I send the email only I receive the message, but not the users from my database.
I made and delete the form 5 times, and each time I check very carefuly fo mistakes but .... not working

And other things :
- I receive message that I dont now what functin is not defined (I include manualy in code the missing file)
- And the message is not formatting. When I receive message is not formating, is without br and p, is like a continuous paragraf despide when I write the message I hit enter a few times.

Thank You in advance

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you cannot set the BCC Address to use a recordset loop, only the to address can use the recordset loop.

click the to address button to go to advanced settings and select to use a recordset loop.

"And other things :
- I receive message that I dont now what functin is not defined (I include manualy in code the missing file)"

please provide more exact details, what is the exact text of the error message"

"- And the message is not formatting. When I receive message is not formating, is without br and p, is like a continuous paragraf despide when I write the message I hit enter a few times."

how are you formatting the body? are you selecting to use one of the existing templates? Or clicking the dw edit icon in UE to use Dreamweaver Design View to create the message body? Please provide more details.

officeinfocom362633

More details

The message I receive is :
Fatal error: Call to undefined function WAUE_Definition() in /home/agentiii/public_html/webassist/email/waue_email-agentii-imobiliare_1.php on line 28

To solve this problem I have to include "mail_php.php" in waue_contact-agentii-imobiliare-bucuresti_1.php

For the second problem regarding the formating of the email, the answer is yes I use one of my email template that I made.

And the most important problem that I have it is not solved yet.
I can not send e-mail to people that I have in my data base despide I set a MySql connection and a recordset for that page.
I used : "To" field as you said.
The "Recordset loop" checkbox is not live, it is not possible to click on it.

I have almost a week trying to build on simple e-mail form and is not working; and it becomse very very frustrating.

Wy don't you give more instructions in the help section or wy don't you make a video presentation containing details and instructions about how to work with every extension and all the possibilities that it offers that extension.

Some of us buy this extensions becouse we are not master in programming.
You should think at this aspect to.

How can I delete in "Form Details" type of form and design predesign form wich where made by me ?

PS
Can you insert a search box here at forum so we could find easy what we are looking for ?

Thank you, and I am waiting your answer.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...