close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

SecurityAssist2 on Dreamweaver CS3?

Thread began 2/29/2012 11:10 am by tim24601 | Last modified 3/01/2012 8:51 am by Jason Byrnes | 1428 views | 5 replies |

tim24601

SecurityAssist2 on Dreamweaver CS3?

The SecurityAssist2 Documentation indicates a system requirement of CS3, CS4 or CS5. But the SA2 information page lists only CS4 and CS5. Do I take this to mean than SA2 will not run on CS3?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

That is a mistake in the getting started guide, it should not mention CS3, i have forwarded this to the documentation team to correct the getting started guide.

Security assist 2 will install in CS3, but we do not test it, so cannot offer support if problems arise as a result of using it in CS3.

info436495

Cs3

Well, that's a real bummer as I just purchased this plugin to use with CS3. I have a number of questions that I do not see answered here.

There is a ridiculous amount of text showing on my live site that should only be showing if a form field is not completed correctly, etc. How do I get rid of all of that, just delete it? Then will it show when it is needed?

Also, what page does a logout button show up on? The logout page doesn't have a logout button, it only says that you are now logged out.

Also, I have protected a page, but it is still accessible to everyone.

My site is www.owaonline.org. The pages are at login.php, logout.php, forgot password.php, registration.php, and userupdate.php. The page that is supposed to be protected is at members only/membersonlypage.php .

I can say that I expected a lot better support for $150 and I expected it to work no problem in CS3 and have support for that as that is what is says.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the text is showing because you have not uploaded the spry assets folder to the server.

a logout button is not created automatically, since it is not known by the wizard which pages should have the logout button, you need to add the logout button to your pages.

I tried accessing the members only/membersonlypage.php page on your site, and it redirected me to the login page, I am not able to access that page, it appears the restriction is working.

as stated in the system requirement for security assist, it is supported in Dreamweaver CS4, and CS5.x. Our policy is to support the currant version of Dreamweaver and one version prior, at this time, we are actually supporting 3 version of dreamweaver when you include CS5 and CS5.5 which are 2 separate releases. We are simply not able to test in CS3, CS4, CS5, and CS5.5 across multiple versions of Windows and Mac OS

info436495

logout button

I appreciate your quick and helpful response. The spry folder is uploaded and everything looks much better, thank you. And it is good to know that the members only restriction is working. I must have been logged in when I tried earlier.

Is there a tool in the webassist plugin that I can use to insert the logout button? Or do I just need to insert code manually?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

all that is needed is a standard link to the logout page, or you could add form and submit button that posts to the logout page

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...