Powerstore 2 upgrade question
Question 1: co-existence of version 1 and version 2 in Dreamweaver Extension File Manager
When one upgrades to powerstore version 2 do you have to remove powerstore version 1 from dreamweaver extension or can you keep powerstore version 1 and install powerstore version 2 as well? in other words, can version 1 and 2 co-exist in the dreamweaver extension manager file manager?
Question 2: additional features of version 1 and 2 no major difference to prior version = not cost effective and redundant.
I noticed that powerstore version 2 only has some enhanced or new features added to powerstore version 1. The question is, instead of just purchasing the "upgrade version" of powerstore version 2 ( which already includes 94% of the features of powerstore version 1) why can't webassist enable the customer of a previous version to just Actually upgrade the additional features of powerstore version 2 to powerstore version 1 alone? Since at the customer at that point is actually just purchasing those few additional features.
Unless the original version (in this case Powerstore version 1) has MAJOR differential features to separate or differentiate it from Powerstore version 2, this becomes like purchasing the product TWICE.
Again, so far it seems it's very redundant to a GREAT DEGREE and not cost effective in the short or long run (to the customer and probably not WebAssist?) to have the customer supposedly purchase a so called "upgrade" when they are in FACT repurchasing 90% of the product all over again just to get those additional few features. Since there seems to be no significant product differentiation in the product itself, this is like repurchasing the whole product except for the few additional features that do not EXIST in a prior version.
Hint: look at the additional features in powerstore version2 : There are only four new features and two enhanced features. That is it!!! The rest is 94% the same. Also look at both powerstore feel and look, the how-tos of Powerstore, etc, you'll notice no ACTUAL product differentiation here. In this case the the super suit owner is saying " for $100 I'm actually supposedly upgrading or buying those four new features and two enhanced features!! But I practically have the whole solution pack!! What major added value does powerstore 2 have to powerstore 1? None!!! I'm shedding money for those couple of items that add no major functionality or change to the overall solution pack"
The non-supersuite owner, on the other hands is saying" I have to shed another $349.99 to buy the whole solution pack again!! I'm actually just purchasing for $349.99 those additional four new features and two enhanced features? I'm purchasing 94%% of the package all over again?"
IN MY OPINION THE FOLLOWING ARE EXAMPLES THAT CAN ACTUALLY differentiate a PowerStore solution pack version from a prior release of Powerstore and not warrant redundancy and appear as if one is buying the same version with a couple of added features (in this case four new and two enhanced for powerstore 2 versus powerstore 1):
(1) a merchant can specify meta tags and define custom URLS for products and category pages that result in higher search engine rankings (2) 2 or more skin templates one can customize (3) automated product thumbnails generation with sharpness filter (4) Debug console: displays a tree of templates for all pages (5) Fully customizable CSS-based design & layout (6) flash capability to templates etc, etc)
(1) ability to modify multiple products simultaneously (2) Products can be assigned to unlimited numbers of categories (3) Members-only categories (4) "Featured Product" box (5)Automated display of bestsellers (6) related products, up selling and cross selling (7) automated currency conversion
(1) Edit product options in cart/wishlist/gift registry wishlist. (2) membership and special pricing (3)"send to friend" section (4) Wish list (5) Newsletter management for multiple lists, edit/import/export of subscribers, news, archive for customers (6) Multiple customer types w/unique pricing for customers
(1) unlimited number of images (2) list a product in several categories (3) manufacturing module (4) ability to display product detail images in pop up windows (5) unlimited custom input fields for products (6) unlimited product options/variants/properties w/optional modifiers (7) digital uploads (8)zoom in and zoom out for photos features (9) album creation from catalog pages
MERCHANDISING AND INVENTORY
(1) Discount coupon codes and gift certificates
(2) Retail and wholesale price
SALES ANALYSIS & TRACKING
(1) Number of customers (2) product views (3) category views (4) product removed from cart by customers (5)sales by product/best sellers (6) statistics on search patterns customers use when searching products (7) printable shipping labels (8)export sales & customer data for use in spreadsheet (9)search engine & incoming traffic tracker: the cart in powerstore referrer data for all customers