close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Special Instuctions

Thread began 2/21/2012 10:27 am by johna1964 | Last modified 4/24/2012 12:10 pm by Jason Byrnes | 3086 views | 13 replies |

johna1964

Special Instuctions

Hi!

I need to add the ability for customers to type special order instructions on the cart page and carry over to the confirm page and be emailed to them within the same order confirmation email.

What is the best way to make thie happen? Or would it just need to be on the confirm page?

Do I insert a form from WA Form Builder?

Thank you!

johna1964

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you would need to add the text field to the cart page and then save it to a session variable. It would be almost identical to adding the coupon code element as outlined in the "Creating a Coupon system for your eCart store" tutorial:
ecart_coupons_sr.pdf

follow the steps for creating the form and adding the session variable.

once set, the session variable will be available for you to use on the confirm page.

johna1964

Jason,

Thank you for the instruction!

Johna

johna1964

Hi again,

What do I need to do for this special instruction area to be sent with the order email ?

Thank you!

johna1964

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

in the email body, add the binding for the session that contains the special instructions.

johna1964

Thank you. I sort of understand what you telling me to do...

The steps to accomplish this:

confirm.php > double click on Univeral Email in Server Behaviors

select edit

add the code in this case:

<div><table width="740" border="0" cellpadding="5">
<tr>
<td width="382"><strong>Special Order Instruction</strong></td>
<td width="372">&nbsp;</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="left" style="padding-bottom:20px;"><textarea name="SpecialInstruction" cols="50" rows="5"><?php echo $_SESSION['SpecialInstruction']; ?></textarea></td>
<td><p>&nbsp;</p></td>
</tr>
</table></div>

After this, I'm not sure what to do next... can you quide or correct me?

Thank you!

johna1964

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you don't need to add the form element:
<textarea name="SpecialInstruction" cols="50" rows="5"><?php echo $_SESSION['SpecialInstruction']; ?></textarea>

only the session binding:
<?php echo $_SESSION['SpecialInstruction']; ?>

after adding the session binding, save the email message, then click ok in AUniversal Email to except the changes and save and upload the files to the server.

johna1964

when I added the session binding to the email body it errored when I tried to save it. I would like it to be saved underneath the grand total. Do I not just place the <?php echo $_SESSION['SpecialInstruction']; ?> in code view underneath the code.

I've included a copy of the email page.

Thank you!

johna1964

Attached Files
confirm_WAUE_HTML_WA_Universal_Email_4.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

what was the error? i cant help solve an error if i dont know the error message.

johna1964

Error Message:

While executing onLoad, the following JavaScript error (s) occurred:

At line 75 of file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CS4\Configuration\Commands\WAUE_afterSave.htm":MM.WAUE_UI_FINISH has no properties

The page I sent to you is without the session binding... I was hoping you could let me know where to place it correctly.

I deleted the WinFileCache.dat - it still would not save without an error.

I don't know what to do... don't I place the code <?php echo $_SESSION['SpecialInstruction']; ?> within the email body; save; upload? I've been trying in various locations, but it continues to error - same error.

Thank you!

johna1964

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...