close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Installation

Thread began 2/21/2012 8:15 am by Christopher West | Last modified 2/22/2012 11:08 am by Jason Byrnes | 2107 views | 9 replies |

Christopher WestCommunity Expert

Installation

I was just wondering the included WebAssist Cookies 3 that is bundled with Secruity Assist 2... Is the full version of Cookies Toolkit 3 installed automatically with Secruity Assist 2?

Reason I ask, is that I was looking at the features you advertise on the Secruity Assist product page on your site, and I dont see most of these options When I install Secruity Assist 2

...However I downloaded manually Cookies Toolkit 3 from download area, installed it and then I saw additional options

...however the interface of Cookies Toolkit 3 wasnt the dark blue interface as Secruity Assist 2 (its the old standard silver interface)

...Which leads me to wonder, does Secruity Assist 2 install some "cut down" version of Cookies Toolkit 3? (because it seems that if I only install Secruity Assist 2 I dont get ALL the Cookies Toolkit 3 options)

Regards

Chris

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the cookies toolkit installed in Security Assist 2 is the full version.

Which options are you not seeing in security assist 2?

The question you should ask is what are the options I can only see. In the Server Behaviours tab under Webassist there are only 3 or 4 options under Cookies (I'm at my other job right now so not at a computer to confirm with screenshots) if I install cookies toolkit 3 manually then a new top menu option appears with loads of options. (but the interface that's those options use are the old style Webassist colours (silver) rather then the new deep blue interface). Any ideas?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

No, the question I need to ask is which cant you see. I need to know specifically which ones you cant see in order to help you find them.

not all of the behaviors will be available from the main webassist -> Cookies menu

Some will be available under the Server behaviors panel by clicking the plus button and going to WebAssist -> Cookies. Others are available in the Behaviors panel instead by clicking the plus button and going to WebAssist -> Cookies

Ok will be able to tell you in an hour or so as that's when I'm at home in my office :) in the meantime did you see my other thread concerning the issue Im having with unique fields validation :)

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

yes, I saw the other thread, we will need to look into that problem with you over the phone to find the cause

Hey there, I phoned WebAssist Support. Fantastic help :) They had found the cause of the error - it was to do with 2 missing files frm the Secruity Assist install. So as I had Forms Toolkit - we just copied the file into the shared folder at the error disappeared :)

thanks for passing it onto support, you guys are a great support to us customers :)

regards

Chris

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you're welcome.

another quicky question, for testing purposes I did a fresh formatted install of OS, drivers, software etc. and installed my WebAssist in a particular order...now my question is, when I install the next extension in my list I will have a dialog box pop up stating "there is a newer version of the file..." do you want to replace it..now of course I dont want to replace a newer file...however by not doing so im having to click on "No"...however there are like a massive amount of 'newer' files I dont want replacing so im having to click on 'No' so much that my mouse will end up wearing out faster then it should. It also works the other way, some WebAssist asks to replace 'older' files (but of course there is a 'Yes to all' button I can click on, except I know for a fact that some extensions have both older and newer files, so I cant just click 'yes to all'. the files being replaced are mainly image files, but equally there are a lot of javascript and htm files. So What is the best practice for doing a fresh install? Can I just click 'yes to all' even if its replacing with older files? (because clicking individually 'no' is just plain crazy.

here is the order of my files being installed:

DataAssist 2.10
Universal Email 4.01
eCart 5.03
Framework Builder 1.02
Form Toolkit 1.00
HTML Editor 3.02
Secruity Assist 2.04

Please could you give me advice the replacing of older files?

Chris

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

click yes to all, and make sure that Security Assist 2 is the last to install.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...