close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

virtual memory to big

Thread began 2/21/2012 5:25 am by Fritz Stickers | Last modified 2/29/2012 8:23 am by Fritz Stickers | 2322 views | 10 replies |

Fritz Stickers

virtual memory to big

My provider lets me know that they get this error :

A worker process with process id of '4056' serving application pool 'stickers.be' has requested a recycle because it reached its virtual memory limit.  

My site is 45 Mb and has on the server 100 Mb virtual memory. Timeout is 60 minutes.
Because my site uses too much virtual memory, the application pool will be resetted and all sessions expired.

I inspected already all recordsets to be closed at the end of the pages.

Do you have an idea what can be wrong or how I can solve this ?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

it could be any number of things wrong.

could be a recordset that returns more than 100mb worth of data.

could be a form that allows for uploading files and someone is trying to submit a file larger than 100mb

the error basically means that a page or pages in your site is trying to use more virtual memory than is available.

Fritz Stickers

could be a recordset that returns more than 100mb worth of data  

My webshop 's recordsets are to filter images (average ± 25Kb), prices and data from customers. I don't use a form to allow uploading files.

I checked all recordsets for closing at the end of the pages and that is ok.

Last friday I moved my site frogstyling.be to stickers.be. Never had problems with frogstyling although stickers is just a copy. I only renamed all files, database, ... .
Now frogstyling has only redirects 301 for all pages.

Is there a way to detect the page(s) that uses unnecessary virtual memory ?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the only way I know of is to use the IIS debugger:

Fritz Stickers

Do WA has an extension (for Asp VBScript) like the horizontal looper from T. Muck ?

This Horizontal Looper 2 is made with a "While ... Wend" statement. I red on "http://www.w3schools.com/vbscript/vbscript_looping.asp" that you shouldn't use this one, use instead the "Do...Loop" statement.

Can this causes my issue ?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

In data Assist 2 there is a repeating table behavior for repeating a region horizontally and vertically.

It does use the While .... Wend syntax, but i don't think that is causing your issue.

In all honesty, I dont know why w3schools is recommending not to use the while ... wend syntax, I have used it successfully for about 12 years now without having any issues.

assuming that you add the while condition of the do ... loop statement at the beginning

Do While i < 10
some code
Loop

instead of adding the While statement to the Loop

Do
some code
Loop While i < 10

the only difference in using the while ... wend syntax:
While i < 10
some code
Wend

is that you drop the word "Do" and replace "Loop" with "Wend"

I cant see how using while ... wend would cause the problem you are reporting.

Fritz Stickers

I cant see how using while ... wend would cause the problem you are reporting  

I thought maybe it keeps creating unnecessary circulations from the recordset ?

Attached Files
astro.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

all of the while loops i see on this page have a check to see if the recordset is at the end, for example:

while((numrows <> 0) AND (Not rsAstro.EOF))

the only way this will cause a memory issue is if the recordset select statement returns to many rows.

Fritz Stickers

the only way this will cause a memory issue is if the recordset select statement returns to many rows.  

I'am making my new page layout with the "looper" set on 4 columns and 4 or 5 rows.
I guess that will causes no problems ?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

in my reply I was referring to the recordset, not the looper.

even if you set the looper to only return 4 columns and 4 or 5 rows, a memory issue may occur if your recordset returns an extremely large result.

using only 4 columns and 4 or 5 rows in the looper only effects how mush of the data returned by the recordset is used on the page, the recordset an still be much bigger

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...