close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

content area not found

Thread began 2/09/2012 3:38 am by thefrys335779 | Last modified 11/14/2014 12:22 pm by Jason Byrnes | 3626 views | 7 replies |

thefrys335779

content area not found

Installed design extender and when I loaded a page and clicked on a CMS content area I got this message "content area not found'. I also got a message saying local host not found. What do I need to do to fix this problem.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

gdavis421484

I have this problem also.in PowerCMS (downloaded Nov 11 2013). PowerCMS seems to work on-line on the live server - but the link back to Dreamweaver does not seem to work correctly - so most CMS content areas show up in Dreamweaver as "Content Area Not Found"
Wimdows Vista, Dreamweaver CS6,

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

In your site definition, make sure the testing server is set to connect to the remote server.

gdavis421484

Thank you Jason, that solved the problem.

mrs

I'm getting this 'Content are not found' too. What's the fix?

I've checked the checkbox in site definitions to remote (even though it's the same folder as the development folder), but still no joy.

I have tried to get this working for hours now, and I've eventually had to go back to my old system with Mac Lion, CS6 and an old version of Design Extender that is apparently unstable in someway based on what you've told me Jason. I can't tell you what version of DE it is because I can't launch extension manager to check, let alone upgrade!

mrs

I've just managed to get it working with CC2014.1 and the latest version of Design Extender, but not faultlessly.

I ran the wizard add content to CMS on a plain html page with the word 'text'. I set up fine, the wizard closed and then I got this attached message three times, it then asked if I wanted to put the files, I cancelled and the browser didn't launch, but also the content I added via the wizard to the CMS didn't get added to the database!

So, I previewed the page and this kick started the install process in the browser. Once this had completed, I then added content in the admin section and for some reason, this seems to have kick started the process of allowing the wizard to add content from within DW.

Any thoughts? Permissions had been granted etc.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

For the error, reset the workspace layout:
go to Window -> Work Space layout -> Reset '<your layout name>'

and Delete the Dreamweaver Cache file from the users configuration folder:
http://www.webassist.com/tutorials/Common-installation-issues

when you use the Add content to power cams interface, it should launch the installer automatically. normally when it fails to launch, it is because the testing server is not configured properly, or if using a local testing server has not been started.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...