close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Insert more than recordset in the detail page

Thread began 2/07/2012 12:22 pm by ferbiofahd435545 | Last modified 7/10/2013 12:12 pm by Jason Byrnes | 2583 views | 9 replies |

ferbiofahd435545

Insert more than recordset in the detail page

Hello everybody i'm creating a website that the users can add some video's, so im stuck in the detailing page i want if a user want to add a video like ''dexter episode 1" and another user want to add the same video "Dexter episode 1 " i don't want to create another detail page i want that the second video go to the first detail page with that i will have a detail page with two recordset i don't know how to do that anyone can help me and thank's :)

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

so you are trying to create what is called a many to many relationship.

you need to use three tables for this,
*users
*videos
*uservideos

users:
userID - Primary Key
userName
etc....

videos:
videoID - Primary key
videoNmae
etc....

uservideos:
uservideoID - Primary Key
uservideoUserID - creates relationship to the users.userID
uservideoVideoID - creates relationship to vides.videoID

for assigning video to the user, you would need to use the data assist manage relational table behavior.

for displaying videos that relate to the user, you would need to use a joined sql query.

Andrew Reed posted a good thread on using the Manage relational table behavior here:
showpost.php?p=84393&postcount=17

and you can find more details on using join queries here:
sql_join.asp

ferbiofahd435545

thank's a lot for the response but if i wan't to add more than one recordset in the detail-page ?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you can add as many recordsets as you like to the details page.

ferbiofahd435545

yeah but the detail-page is created to the ID of the recordset i don't know how to fix that can you help me with that please im stuck :( and thank's

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the ID being passed in coming from a querystring variable.

look at the recordset that already exists on the detail page for an example of how to use the querystring variable.

ferbiofahd435545

Originally Said By: Jason Byrnes
  the ID being passed in coming from a querystring variable.

look at the recordset that already exists on the detail page for an example of how to use the querystring variable.  

Can you explain more ? because i hadn't understand the concept of this S*** x) and thank's

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the detail page that is created by the data assist wizard already has a recordset on it.

this recordset is set to filter using a querystring variable that is passed into the page which contains the ID value. this querystring variable is used to return the correct record

your asking how to create another recordset that uses the same record ID, Inspect the existing recordset for an example of how it is done.

Msigola99

Master detail page creation

May someone help me. Im trying to create a master detail page but i dont want to use a mysql database cause the info to put on the details page is a lot. should i import this data. how do i do all this. Im new to web development, php, mysql.

My master page will have headings with short descriptions, and i want these descriptions to be elaborated with full details on the details page. Each heading on the detail page is a page long data with links, topics and sub-headings and paragraphs.

I just dont want to create plenty of separate pages for each heading i.e; the about us page will have subheadings; our history, our objectives, our mission, our beliefs etc. each of these linked to a single detail page.....im using dreamweaver CS5

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

To create a Dynamic Master Detail page, you will need to use a mySQL Database to hold the information.

I sugest going through the Database starting kit tutorial:
http://www.webassist.com/community/tutorials/view_tutorial.php?tid=104

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...