close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

How to Incorporate more than one Form Kit

Thread began 7/21/2009 5:52 pm by billing341272 | Last modified 7/22/2009 9:29 am by billing341272 | 4008 views | 11 replies |

billing341272

How to Incorporate more than one Form Kit

I am designing site with more than one form and each form will provide different data to different email addresses. I want to use and then modify the Form Solution Pack files. I have no problems with the functionality of the form. I just want to add several Contact Form Solution Packs to my site design. Any help is appreciated as documentation is skimpy to say the least. Regards, Bob

Sign in to reply to this post

billing341272

PS...I duplicated the WA_GLOBALS.php file, each with a unique name. I called them in the proper place in code. Copy and pasted another contactus.php into my template. I continually receive javascript errors when accessing the different spry form elements. There must more be to it than just creating a unique GLOBALS file for each form. Currently using DW CS3 and do own the supporting extensions for the solution pack.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It shouldn't be more than creating a unique Globals file for each. You must have another problem somewhere... do you have a url where I can help debug what is causing it?

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

billing341272

FIRST...Thank you for quick response!
We are not live yet...should go live with what I have today or tomorrow. Currently only experiencing java errors in DW CS3 when attempting to access the second form's spry elements. I am not sure if any errors on a live site. I test with XAMPP on a separate local computer. The hosting I am having to deal with does not allow subdomains as well as other restrictions, so testing forms live without screwing up their current live site is extremely difficult. I "assumed" that if I was getting java script errors in design mode of DW then I would have problems live. Am I incorrect?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You are not necessarily correct... but if you are getting spry errors it probably means you didn't copy all of the spry .js or .css includes that are being used, or you deleted something from the page and didn't remove the corresponding spry references.

billing341272

If I use a exact same copy of the contactus.php twice, do the spry fields need unique names or can I have "sprytextfield3" on one form and a "sprytextfield3" on a different form on a different page?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

On a different page it wouldn't matter. It would only matter if you changed the name on your current page, had more than one on the same page with the same name, or the names have been changed and are out of synch.

billing341272

If two people accessed both separate forms simultaneously would there be any conflicts as the same named fields validated? Also, if one form has the security question enabled and the other form has the security question removed from the page code. For example, two copies of contactus.php on two separate php pages...only one has been modified by removing the security question and the other has not. DW informs that a reference to a widget still exists in java script and I choose to fix. Have I screwed up the javascript for second form that still has the security question? Sorry, this is the first time I have used a WA Solution Pack.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

No... believe me... there are no possible conflicts with using it on two pages. It only uses client side javascript html is a stateless environment. So practically nothing on the web would have problems because it exists on two pages.

It means that when you deleted the form elements you didn't delete the corresponding spry code.

billing341272

Very well then. My thinking not correct. I shall continue forward with a live site after insuring all spry references have been properly handled. If I do happen to have a problem would it be proper to reopen this thread for debugging help?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...