close ad
Help us test the new Databridge BETA with MySQLi support
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Recordset Edits not removed..

Thread began 2/01/2012 10:21 am by gary.brett434358 | Last modified 2/02/2012 11:05 am by Jason Byrnes | 430 views | 3 replies |

gary.brett434358

Recordset Edits not removed..

Hi, working through several wizards I have noticed that once a recordset is created by DA, any changes I make after are not updated? I created a set of pages for one of my tables yesterday & today, then decided to remove certain fields from rs in behaviours panel. When I view the page I get errors, when looking at the code it transpires the fields I removed in the recordset are still present in the page code?

I can remove these manually but wondered why this would be?

Thanks

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

do you mean in the body? The bindings to show the recordset columns? that code will not be removed when editing the recordset. editing the recordset only changes the recordset, it does not change anything else on the page.

the code to show those columns will need to be removed manually.

Sign in to reply to this post

gary.brett434358

Originally Said By: Jason Byrnes
  do you mean in the body? The bindings to show the recordset columns? that code will not be removed when editing the recordset. editing the recordset only changes the recordset, it does not change anything else on the page.

the code to show those columns will need to be removed manually.  



Hi Jason, no not the body the code in the head section. Example below is from a details page, I removed the tblcases.CaseOfferedDate, tblcases.CaseCompletedDate, tblcases.CaseNPWDate columns for the recordset but they still appear above head section as below?

<?php
$ParamContactID_WADAtblcontacts = "-1";
if (isset($_GET['ContactID'])) {
$ParamContactID_WADAtblcontacts = (get_magic_quotes_gpc()) ? $_GET['ContactID'] : addslashes($_GET['ContactID']);
}
$ParamSessionContactID_WADAtblcontacts = "-1";
if (isset($_SESSION['WADA_Insert_tblcontacts'])) {
$ParamSessionContactID_WADAtblcontacts = (get_magic_quotes_gpc()) ? $_SESSION['WADA_Insert_tblcontacts'] : addslashes($_SESSION['WADA_Insert_tblcontacts']);
}
$ParamContactID2_WADAtblcontacts = "-1";
if (isset($_GET['ContactID'])) {
$ParamContactID2_WADAtblcontacts = (get_magic_quotes_gpc()) ? $_GET['ContactID'] : addslashes($_GET['ContactID']);
}
mysql_select_db($database_ghl_portal, $ghl_portal);
$query_WADAtblcontacts = sprintf("SELECT ContactID, ContactFullName, ContactAddress1, ContactAddress2, ContactAddress3, ContactTown, ContactPostCode, ContactReferrelSource, ContactNotes, ContactAssignedTo FROM tblcontacts WHERE ContactID = %s OR ( -1= %s AND ContactID= %s)", GetSQLValueString($ParamContactID_WADAtblcontacts, "int"),GetSQLValueString($ParamContactID2_WADAtblcontacts, "int"),GetSQLValueString($ParamSessionContactID_WADAtblcontacts, "int"));
$WADAtblcontacts = mysql_query($query_WADAtblcontacts, $ghl_portal) or die(mysql_error());
$row_WADAtblcontacts = mysql_fetch_assoc($WADAtblcontacts);
$totalRows_WADAtblcontacts = mysql_num_rows($WADAtblcontacts);mysql_select_db($database_ghl_portal, $ghl_portal);
$query_WADAtblcontacts = "SELECT tblcases.CaseID, tblcontacts.ContactFullName, tblcontacts.ContactAssignedTo, tblcontacts.ContactTown, tblcontacts.ContactPostCode, tblcases.CaseCommission, tblcases.CaseType, tblcases.CaseDate, tblcases.CaseReferral, tblcases.CaseNotes, tblcases.CaseOfferedDate, tblcases.CaseCompletedDate, tblcases.CaseNPWDate, tblcontacts.ContactPostCode, tblcontacts.ContactEmail FROM tblcases INNER JOIN tblcontacts ON tblcases.ContactID = tblcontacts.ContactID;";
$WADAtblcontacts = mysql_query($query_WADAtblcontacts, $ghl_portal) or die(mysql_error());
$row_WADAtblcontacts = mysql_fetch_assoc($WADAtblcontacts);
$totalRows_WADAtblcontacts = mysql_num_rows($WADAtblcontacts);
?>
Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

it looks like it is duplicating the recordset code.

here is an updated copy of the /Configuration/ServerBehaviors/PHP_mySQL/Recordset_main.edml file that should prevent the duplication.

replace the copy in your DW configuration folder, for help finding the configuration folder location, see the common installation issues pdf:
common_installation_issues.pdf


you will need to delete the existing duplicated code.

Attached Files
Recordset_main.edml.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...