close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Ecart Success Page not displaying in FireFox

Thread began 1/30/2012 4:58 pm by netsysinc419552 | Last modified 1/31/2012 8:55 am by Roxana | 1019 views | 2 replies |

netsysinc419552

Ecart Success Page not displaying in FireFox

When using Firefox 9.0.1 everything works fine until the success page should be displayed. Everything works as design for IE, Safari, and Goggle Chrome. For example here is the sequence of events:
- add product to shopping cart
- view shopping cart and proceed to checkout
- Enter payment and shipping info and proceed to confirmation page
- Confirmation displays product, $ totals/ shipping and billing info
- I accept confirmation display and proceed to Authorize.Net code
- Return from Authorize net and go back to confirm page code.
- receive authorization and set eCart redirect to success page
- confirm code proceeds to update 4 different files within the same database
- confirm code go to email confirmation code and return to confirm code.
- confirm code then ask if eCart is empty
If empty, sets eCart redirect to shopping Cart page
- Next it sees if the eCart redirect is not empty
- If not empty, then it should go to Success Page
- Here is where thing go wrong when using only Firefox (note: Everything works as design for IE, Safari, and Goggle Chrome). Instead of going to display the success page it is going to shopping cart page from either the confirm page or within the success page. I am not sure which one is doing it.
- Code after the above IF logic is the HTML confirmation page which is working as planned.

Question 1: When/why would the eCart be empty in the confirmation page or success page or even in the failure page if the above steps indicate that products are in the cart? Is their another scenario that would result in an empty eCart within these code pages (confirm, success, failure)?

Question 2: The last processing step after the success page has been displayed is to delete all the session cookies...etc. I do not want anything in the eCart when the customer has completed its purchase and returns to my website home page. So the question: Is it possible for the server to have deleted the session data at the end of the success code page before it actually displays the success page?
- I would assume not because I cannot see how the success page can be executed twice so it would hit the eCart empty cart logic at the beginning of the success page code.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

Roxana

It may not have to do anything with the original poster's problem, but my Firefox was acting up too. In my case (after saving the bookmarks), I deleted the Firefox folder in the Application Support folder. I lost all settings (except bookmarks), but Firefox performs as it should again.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...