close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

OrderID/customer order number

Thread began 1/29/2012 1:56 pm by michaelrichards76429384 | Last modified 2/23/2012 2:05 pm by Jason Byrnes | 2114 views | 9 replies |

michaelrichards76429384

OrderID/customer order number

Hi.

I've set up eCart to use PayPal Payments Pro Hosted Solution (currently just sandbox).

As I offer a service, it is not an issue for me to simply check with PayPal that the payment has gone through before I fulfil the customers order, and the nature of the business is reasonably low volume.

My only remaining issue is that when I place a dummy order, the order number on the email receipt is incremental, for example if there is nothing in the database it starts at '1'.
I would like the order number to be the session id, but this does not get stored anywhere in my database.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

in the orders table, add a new column named OrderReferanceNumber, set the data type to varchar(30)

on the confirm page, open the server behaviors panel and double click the eCart store Order summary behavior. select the OrderReferanceNumber column and click the lightning bolt next to value. Expand the eCart object data binding group and select the session id binding.

now double click the universal email server behavior. click the DW Edit icon to edit the email.

remove the Order ID session variable binding and replace it with the session id binding.

michaelrichards76429384

Thanks for the quick reply, Jason.
I will give that a go.

movygirl244169

Order Number

I'm having similar problems with my order number passing through the session. I made a few changes on the email form and the confirm page and now I get this response:

Unknown column '4ca7e2dd25277320605905170a8a27b1' in 'where clause'.

I just added some info like phone number & fax as wells as some verbiage describing the billing info for my client. When I followed the steps that is in the previous post for the order # I didn't test anything before that so I'm not sure if what I did with the changes or the order number is the problem.

I'm almost finished and just needed a few twitches & now I need some additional direction. I have upload the file for the check out file so that it can be looked at because it all worked fine until that point.

Attached Files
checkout.php.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

this error means that the session ID is being stored in a column that has the numeric data type.

in the store order summary and store order details behaviors, look for the column you have bound the session id to, and set the data type to text.

then in the database, you will need to change the data type for that column to varchar(20)

movygirl244169

OrderID

The where clause that is showing up with that weird number showed up on the email under the order number line.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the weird number is the session ID

like i said in my previous reply:
this error means that the session ID is being stored in a column that has the numeric data type.

in the store order summary and store order details behaviors, look for the column you have bound the session id to, and set the data type to text.

then in the database, you will need to change the data type for that column to varchar(20)

movygirl244169

OrderID

It won't let me change the orderID column into a varchar(20) and be auto increment.

movygirl244169

OrderID

Sorry I didn't see your update until after I had posted the previous info.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you should not be storing anything in the orderID column, do not bind the order id column to any value

since it is auto increment, you should let the data base set the value for that column and not try to force the session Id into it, that is whats causing the problem.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...