close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

shipping freight issues

Thread began 1/28/2012 9:16 am by jonathan433046 | Last modified 2/03/2012 1:48 pm by Jason Byrnes | 2445 views | 8 replies |

jonathan433046

shipping freight issues

Hi i have cart set but few problems i i have lost 3 days and evening trying to figure out by my own but impossible.

My custumer has a Fedex account, so i entered the info and reading all the infos. on this side was complicated but so far no errors.

the taxes and the freight are not calculating after the checkout page. it seems that the are links missing but cant figure where. I have repeated several times the steps in tutorial.

Everything was supposedly easy realtively simple to use no coding advanced knowledge neccesary. I am confortable with HTML ans CSS and build several website so ia am not that bad, i have little basis. I decided to purchase the supersuite, i found myself spending weeks (6 so far) to try understand php coding because every extension i tried so far i was getting errors for different reasons (automatically created).
It is for us customer frustrating because we purchase this extension to save us time and accelerate our workflow.

It is nothing personnal but i thing getting more support potions will be greatly appreciated, I have reads post more in the last weeks than ever in my lifetime :)
you guys are doing great when you reply but we need to wait days bebore getting answers. And we have customer not happy about us because we do not deliver fast enough.

okay thank you for reading my complains now i just want to find out why arent the taxes are calculating? and the shipment via fedex either

see this link ... relly need help

collection-bijoux-golf.php

also: I notice first that there were a lot of error popping when i was trying to integratethe for in my templates.

Thanks
Jonatnan

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

please send a copy of the eCart object file in the WA_eCart folder so i can see how you have set up the taxes and freight rules.

jonathan433046

ecart

Hi Jason, here is the link, thank you for your reply.
By the way we can see that youre working hard to resolve everybodys problem, youre almost always online night and week end :) you answers most of my questions in different post.
so thank you!

Attached Files
WA_eCart.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

for the tax issue, the problem is the way the calculation section of the tax rule is defined.

you have the calculation defined as:

"Taxable subtotal for the cart" Times 0

this will always equal 0, you need to enter the tac rate as a decimal, say 0.05 for 5%:
"Taxable subtotal for the cart" Times 0.05

for the shipping problem, the shipping rule appears correct, add the following code to the confirm page just before the closing </body> tag to output the full request and full response being sent to fed ex:

php:
<?php

session_start
();
echo 
"<p>FedEX: <br />"
echo 
"Full Request: ".(isset($_SESSION["eCart1_FedEx_FullRequest"])?htmlentities($_SESSION["eCart1_FedEx_FullRequest"]):"n/a")."<br />";  
echo 
"Full Response: ".(isset($_SESSION["eCart1_FedEx_FullResponse"])?htmlentities($_SESSION["eCart1_FedEx_FullResponse"]):"n/a")."<br /></p>"
?>

i can use that info to help troubleshoot the issue.

jonathan433046

i have pasted the code but getting errors

i got errors after the paste of hte code you gave me, i pasted in the confirm page juste before
</body>

FedEX:
Full Request: <?xml version="1.0"?><FDXRateRequest xmlns:api="http://www.fedex.com/fsmapi" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="FDXRateRequest.xsd"><RequestHeader><AccountNumber>318474036</AccountNumber><MeterNumber>103625161</MeterNumber><CarrierCode>FDXG</CarrierCode></RequestHeader><Service>FEDEXGROUND</Service><Packaging>YOURPACKAGING</Packaging><WeightUnits>S</WeightUnits><Weight>1.0</Weight><OriginAddress><StateOrProvinceCode>queb</StateOrProvinceCode><PostalCode>H8T 1Z3</PostalCode><CountryCode>canad</CountryCode></OriginAddress><DestinationAddress><StateOrProvinceCode>QC</StateOrProvinceCode><PostalCode>j0k2m0</PostalCode><CountryCode>CA</CountryCode></DestinationAddress><Payment><PayorType>SENDER</PayorType></Payment><Dimensions><Length>6</Length><Width>2</Width><Height>2</Height><Units>IN</Units></Dimensions><DeclaredValue><Value>315.00</Value><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode></DeclaredValue><PackageCount>1</PackageCount></FDXRateRequest>
Full Response: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <FDXRateReply xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="FDXRateReply.xsd" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:env="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:m="http://com/fedex/ws/transform"> <ReplyHeader/> <Error> <Code>F01F</Code> <Message>Weight type not pounds (LBS) nor kilograms (KGS)</Message> </Error> </FDXRateReply>

jonathan433046

for the taxes

ok for the taxes it worked but i tought that entering the province code in the wizard would have paste the correct %. How can i specify that people in Québec for axample have to pay both taxes and people from other provinces or state should pay one tax for example?
again thank you!

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

for the taxes, you need to enter both the province and tax rate. to create more tax rules, inspect the existing one, it uses the Bases on session variable trigger:
if the session variable "eCartCheckoutForm_shipping_country" has a value of "CA"

you will need to create additional rules using the same session but changing the comparison value from CA to the correct province code.

for the shipping issue:

on the confirm page, look for the following code:

php:
$Shipping_PackageArray[$Shipping_PackageIndex]["WeightUnits"] = "".strtoupper($yourCart->WeightUnits)."S" ."";

where yourCart is the name of your eCart object.

and change it to:

php:
$Shipping_PackageArray[$Shipping_PackageIndex]["WeightUnits"] = "".strtoupper($yourCart->WeightSuffix)."S" ."";

jonathan433046

same error

i have changed the code and i am getting the same error in the checkout process, i really need help on this one a alittle bit mre explication, , i did the tutorial perfectly but i still got errors and unable to find why in the code. Unfortunately i am not a master in trems of progammers.

Please have a look at it and let me know what is the problem and if possible what i did wrong
Regards

and for the taxes how should i add rule for different provinces
Regards
Jonathan

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

for the taxes, I explained the set up in my previous reply.

use the trigger based on session variable value:
if the session variable "eCartCheckoutForm_shipping_country" has a value of "<province code here>"

and set the calculation to
based on cart subtotal Times whatever the tax rate is.

for the shipping:
I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...