close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

The password doesn't meet the specified strength

Thread began 1/24/2012 3:37 am by gary.brett434358 | Last modified 3/01/2012 6:45 pm by Jason Byrnes | 2596 views | 6 replies |

gary.brett434358

The password doesn't meet the specified strength

Hi, running DW CS4 to create login page. In the wizard I select to make the password field have no minimum characters as I have run out of options, it doesnt seem to work with anything I try.

I have the UserName as 'EmailAddress' * Password simply looks at the password field in my MySQL db. In testing all users currently have password set to p@55w0rd but each time I try to test this I get:

"The password doesn't meet the specified strength. Your field must contain: a maximum of 20 characters, a maximum of 20 alphabet characters, and a maximum of 10 numbers."

I have tried running the wizard over 5 times now, message above changes depending on what I change in field settings, really frustrating me.

Any ideas appreciated, I see people having issues with CS5 but not CS4, login.php attached.

Thanks

Attached Files
login.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

gary.brett434358

Hi, please ignore the above, I changed my password to pa55w0rd and it seemed to work fine, didn't like the @.
Cheers

newimage96814918

I had the same problem at first. Took me a bit to figure out.
I wonder if there is a place this can be adjusted to the default a person wants fro the site.
I'm sure there is, I just have'nt found it yet

Tracy

gary.brett434358

Originally Said By: newimage96814918
  I had the same problem at first. Took me a bit to figure out.
I wonder if there is a place this can be adjusted to the default a person wants fro the site.
I'm sure there is, I just have'nt found it yet

Tracy  

Yes, me too. If I leave defaults I cant login using any combination, if I tinker with settings still can't login so I just set everything as zero and it works! At present ours is an internal CRM system so not that important as I set all users & passwords manually. However if its goes to consumers I will need to sort this.

Thanks for your input.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

in the security assist wizard, in the validation settings for the password field, the default is to set the Min Special and Max Special to 0.

this is causing the "@" symbol to fail validation. by setting the Min Special and Mac Special to 0 it will not allow any special characters, it will only allow letters and numbers. you need to change the Max Special to at least 1 (set it bigger if you want to allow more than one) in order to allow a special character in the password.

rebuilt157571

password validation setting

I want to set the password validation to a very minimum for a simple login, I set the Min characters to 4 and Max to 15 and all other settings to 0, when I run the page, I get a validation error that says "The password doesn't meet the specified strength. Your field must contain a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 15 characters" It will not accept any number of characters that I enter. What an I missing?
test page is here: registration.php

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

So you are using the following settings then?
Max Characters 15
Minimum Characters: 4
Max Alpha: 0
Min Alpha: 0
Max Numbers: 0
Min Numbers: 0
Max Special: 0
Min Special: 0

by setting Max Alpha (In other words maximum number of letters allowed), Max Numbers, and Max Special to 0, you are telling it to not allow any of the characters found on the key board to be entered.

you are overriding the min/max characters settings by setting all of the other max settings to 0, leave them blank instead of using 0.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...