close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Toolbar "Custom" Does Not Exist

Thread began 3/19/2009 2:50 pm by Daryl | Last modified 6/03/2009 2:55 am by YellowCircleWeb | 4403 views | 8 replies |

DarylBeta Tester

Toolbar "Custom" Does Not Exist

I have added an Irite toolbar to a text area but keep getting the following error.

I have uploaded all of the files in the irite folder.

Any ideas?

Sign in to reply to this post

DarylBeta Tester

I have just looked in the fckconfig.js file and there is no settings for the "Custom" settings.

Is this what is causing the error?

If so - Why wasn't it updated by irite?

DarylBeta Tester

it appears that the js file that is refered to in the irite code was not created.

It says that it should reside in WA_iRite/custom/

But there is only a file in there for a different instance of iRite. I have copied and renamed it to match the code but this hasn't resolved the issue despite there being a toolbar called custom in this document.

Miguel

Are you using ADDT?

DarylBeta Tester

Nope, just iRite

teresa.goold376550

I have the same problem!

But I can't figure it out. I'm not sure how to do about setting up a different toolbar. Can someone address this?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Please post a support incident. it should work and I'm not sure why you might be experiencing this problem.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

neil349752

I had a custom toolbar related problem also. Turned out that in the js file that I was uploading there was a missing file path.

FCKConfig.SkinPath = 'skins/default/'; // relative to fckeditor/editor/fckeditor.html

Is correct, in the faulty version the 'skins/default/' bit was missing the file path, no idea why but once I inserted that it worked.

Neil

YellowCircleWeb

I've had this problem before too. I found that it was Dreamweaver's fault. I used it to upload my page with the iRite custom toolbar included and selected upload related files, but it had missed out the JS files for the custom toolbar.

I simply had to select the files manually and upload them via ftp and that fixed my problem. Might be worth checking they've actually been uploaded for you too. They'll be in the custom folder within the iRite folder.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...