close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Content on Category Landing pages.

Thread began 1/18/2012 8:47 am by bamron430268 | Last modified 3/02/2012 6:08 pm by Ray Borduin | 2976 views | 16 replies |

bamron430268

Content on Category Landing pages.

We need to know if we can place content (text) on the category landing pages. We could do it in version 3.x but I can't seem to find the spot in the CMS that will allow you to place content on those pages.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

please provide more details.

what exactly are you wanting to add to the "category landing pages".

how did you accomplish this in PS3?

bamron430268

not sure about PowerStore 3 - it was done by another developer who can't be found.

we were talking about if you were to hover "products" and click on say "Drawer Slides"

Products>>Draw Slides

you get to a page that says: "No results for your search"

in PS3 we used to have content there.

1-drawer-slides

(these URLs are being rewritten to be friendly, just so that doesn't put you off)

Help would be appreciated, thanks!

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

that means that none of the products in your database are assigned to the Draw Slides category.

when assigning a product to categories, it is a multiple select list, you need to select all of the categories a product should be assigned to from the list.

under the drawer slides category, if i select Ball Bearing slides, I see products displayed, this means that the products have been assigned to the subcategory, bit not to the main category.

bamron430268

We want content there instead of products. is that possible?

bamron430268

like this:

i just went into the old install of PS3 and pulled the content from the "screws" page and created a new product in PS4 and assigned it to the screws category page (landing page)

I get the short description which isn't ideal. 5-screws

I'd like it to display the long description without the quantity and add to cart button, and to just use it like a content page. 1955-screws

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

this is not a supported modification of power store. I would suggest signing up for a premiere ticket appointment where we would work with you in a one on one screen sharing session to implement this.

bamron430268

this issue was resolved after the phone call with your support, thanks. Another question though. We've created the category pages but I don't see how we can change page titles and meta information for these pages.

is that possible?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

In the content management section, select each content area for your categories and click the add content button to add a new content area to the category.

you will need to add 3 for each category named:
meta-title
meta-description
meta-keywords

bamron430268

tell me if i have the steps right here, cause I just tried and the new content box didn't show up.

0d9t9gl83

096t9h087

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...