close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Confirm password field problem!

Thread began 1/14/2012 3:28 am by steelace396915 | Last modified 1/19/2012 12:38 am by steelace396915 | 2274 views | 8 replies |

steelace396915

Confirm password field problem!

I try to modify my pages made with SA in CSS form builder. Followed the instructions to delete all servervaildation and validation show if before bring the form in to Form Builder. The confirm password field does not work! The original validation against the password field is not applied to that field after Form Builder modification! Why?

/Martin J.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

SA forms cannot be edited with form builder after application. There are extra features and functionality added by SA that Form Builder won't recognize or recreate. What did you want to edit? Most likely the solution was to edit the form by hand after the SA wizard to get the changes you need.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

steelace396915

Ok I see! That is not very convenient but if it is that way then its the way it is! I did manage to build my login, registration, userupdate pages directly from Form Builder instead and then applying server validation etc and have them work just as the wizard pages made from SA but I have not succeeded with the forgotpassword page! Is there a guide available how to build a page like the forgotpassword page?

About Form Builder there seem to be a bug I discovered when building a form from scratch without using the preset form groups. I tried to build a registration form applying form fields to just 1 group but all fields on diffrent lines. I choosed all fields to be required but the password field and the the confirm password field did not work. No required indicator was applied to those fields. Also Spry validation was not applied to the confirm field. I did fix this after the form was generated though but it took me some time to figure out what was wrong.
Also there's another issue, when the form containing a password and confirm field is generated from CSS-FB, then in the WA Server Validation a "Regular Expression" validation type is also added to the Password field? The form did not work until I removed that! I compared the strictly SA generated forms and the forms/pages I built with FB trying to imulate the SA pages and in the SA generated forms that validation type is not applied to the password field!? The password field in the SA form has just Required/Not Blank/.... and Entry Length validation types applied to the password field on the SA page (registration.php). Im really a newbie when it comes to code so all this is still very confusing for me so maybe it is something Ive done in Form Builder that should not have been done that is causing this?

I do need some help creating a forgotpassword page that functions like the SA generated page and hope there is a guide available!?

Last but not least, you really have some good guides available but please keep more coming since I believe most people using your extensions are mostly designers and code "idiots" like me and really need foolproof guides to succeed! More guides means less problems for WA and you can spend your time on creating new wonderful extensions instead of answering "stupid" questions!? ;=)

Kindest Regards,
Martin J.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Thanks for the feedback. I'm forwarding this post to our QA team to see if we can log bugs to be addressed in a future update. I appreciate you taking the time to tell us about these potential issues so we can get them corrected.

In terms of the forgot password functionality... are you using password encryption or not, and if you are using encryption then what type of encryption and on what fields? That changes the way forgot password is done.

I think we used to have a tutorial for Site Assist v1 which would probably still be applicable. We didn't update it for v2 since it creates that functionality for you. Let me know more details and I'll see if I can hunt down the correct tutorial to suit your needs.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

steelace396915

Yes without feedback its hard to correct problems and make the extensions even better! I really appreciate your fast and great support and mostly very informative responses on the forum! Keep up the good work!

About my with creating a forgotpassword page working just like the SA generated page I need help! You say its a guide available? Are you referring to the following guides?:

06_new_password.swf

07_send_password.swf

They deal with the forgotpassword issue but for logged in users who already have access to their userupadte page? I checked them out and they are excellent done but they don't show how to apply the features in the forgotpassword page generated from SA? I need the functionallity for users not logged in to be able to change their password (if they have forgot about it) by sending their emailaddress and recieve an email with a link to a reset password page just like in the page created from SA (or similar).
I started out building all the pages needed with the SA wizard and had no problem modifying the CSS to integrating them on my site but the problem is that Spry don't work in IE on any pages created directly from SA. I can't have it that way since too many potential visitors still uses only IE. I have created the SA pages with the wizard hundreds of times changing the different values for testing! Same result every time! Spry fails in IE! Only when I take a page (form) made by SA into CSS Form Builder and modify it then Spry works in IE. The problem is its very hard to rebuild all the SA wizard pages in CSS-FB and have them working!

I have seen this Spry IE discussed in several different threads but I can't find the issues have been resolved??

Well now I have succeeded creating all but the forgotpassword page directly without using SA wizard so Im almost there but I need that page working also!

Regards,
Martin J.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Regarding the issue with spry not working in IE, we have started a few incidents for this issue with you already, you will need to update those incidents with details so we can work with you to correct that problem.

regarding the forgot password page, you do not answer the following question asked by Ray:

are you using password encryption or not, and if you are using encryption then what type of encryption and on what fields? That changes the way forgot password is done.  

the answer to that question will change how the forgot password page is created, I can give you an outline of how to create the page, but I need an answer to that question first.

steelace396915

Jason, regarding the IE Spry issue its correct that you started a few incidents as you call it on that issue! I have described the problem in detail 2 times and also earlier created an ftp account where you had a look at my files? What I recall you told me I needed to update my Spry files from Adobe and I responded that I already had done that? That is not the problem Im certain since Spry works perfectly in IE when creating forms without using SA. It also works perfectly when creating form from CSS Form Builder. Only problem is when generated by SA. I have tried all the wizard presets without modifying them at all and Spry fails in IE every time. Therefor I can't draw any other conclusion than it being a bug in SA? I will once again put up a set of non modified testpages on my server made from SA so you could have a look! Please could you open another ticket so I can leave your login credentials to my site! I did close the last ticket by mistake before we had solved the problem! Hope we'll find an answer since everything else seem to work very good!

About the forgotpassword page problem I just forgot to supply that information in my last post! I see that now! Sorry!
I'm only using encryption on the password field (SHA1 encryption).

Regards,
Martin J.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

for the pry issue, i have started another incident and requested contact information so we can look into the issue with you over the phone to pinpoint the cause.

for the forgot password password page, i would recommend running the wizard to create the forgot password page that you can use for comparison and learning how to create one from scratch,there really is quite a bit going on in the forgot password page.

the outline for the forgot password page is this:
- A forgot password form consisting of an email address, security code, security question and submit button. this is the initial form that the user enters there email address on.

- WebAssist -> Forms -> Validation -> Server Validation server behavior to validate the forgot password form

- WebAssist -> Security Assist -> Email Password -> Email Encrypted Password server behavior to send the forgot password email. In the email message, you can add the following token for the return URL:
[*return_url*]

- The security assist wizard will create some access rules used for the show region behaviors that are applied around the Forgot password and reset password forms.

- WebAssist -> Security Assist -> Email Password -> Email Encrypted Password return server behavior to look up the user record in the data base

- reset password return form consisting of Email address, password, confirm password, security code, security question.

- server validation behavior to validate reset password form

- update record behavior to update the password when the reset password form is submitted.

using the forgot password page created by the wizard as a guide, you should be able to learn to create it on your own.

steelace396915

Thanks Jason! I will try learning to create this page from scratch with the help you supplied and the wizard page as a guide! I'm still a bit of a "code idiot" but I have learned much already since I started using your extensions. Hopefully I will be able to grasp the fundamental stuff soon.

Regards,
Martin J.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...