close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Newbie help - Form Emailing Help

Thread began 12/14/2011 9:49 am by darren433059 | Last modified 12/15/2011 11:38 am by darren433059 | 784 views | 2 replies |

darren433059

Newbie help - Form Emailing Help

Firstly congratulations on an easy to use Form maker - one of the best I've seen and used.

Whilst the wizards work a treat I need some help on my first form.

I've created a registration form and wish its details to be emailed to an event organiser and also a "thank you email" to be sent to the person registering and then moving onto a payment page.

2012_nvr_ls_ss.php

My form is linked above and seems to work\validate etc but having spent a few hours trying to get the emailing side to work I would welcome fellow users expert assistance as I can not get the email to work. If I "hard code" into the form wizard then it seems to work so I'm sure its an easy fix for an expert.

Being the newbie with this wizard is it normal for the wizard to revert back to a default email template on reopening the form to edit it despite pointing the wizard to a bespoke editied version?

Attached is my file and the webassist directory files, excluding some images.

Also does anyone have a mod to get form data attached as an CSV file instead of the embedded email?

Ps should have said using the CS Form Builder 201 SR2

Attached Files
booking_form.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

in the file you have sent, the bindings you are using are the Validated Entries bindings. These bindings will only have a value if the form fails validation.

in the bindings panel, expand the form collection instead of the validated entries collection. Then bindings in the forms collection are the ones you should be using.

The email cannot be edited when editing the form builder wizard.

to edit the email, go to the server behaviors panel (Window -> Server Behaviors) in the list of sever behaviors double click the Universal Email server Behavior.

Sending the form data as a CSV attachment is not supported. you would need to hand code the logic to create the csv file from the form data and attach the csv file to the email.

darren433059

Thanks Jason, I will have a look later to try and resolve as I've made some progress since posting as the linked form now sends me an email from the "email address entered".

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...