close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Creating a page from Theme not working as intended

Thread began 12/13/2011 9:02 am by roby258376 | Last modified 12/13/2011 10:46 am by Ian S | 1051 views | 3 replies |

roby258376

Creating a page from Theme not working as intended

Hi folks,

I am brand new to Framework Builder and have a couple of questions:

1) I converted my .dwt to a theme and checked the box to apply it to all pages linked to that template. The pages all reloaded as only content, no design elements included, in dreamweaver. Is this correct or did something go wrong? They are all appear to be correct when viewed in a browser.

2) When I attempt to create a new page from the newly created Theme, it seems to be creating incorrect code and the page, loaded as is to the server doesn't load.

My template is main.dwt.php and the theme is called main_fw_theme.dwt.php The page I've created is test.php The code in question is:

$WA_test_1323794264899_Template = new WA_Include("templates{$WA_test_1323794264899_Content_Empty}/test.php");

I have to change the name of the page in the above code to:

$WA_test_1323794264899_Template = new WA_Include("templates{$WA_test_1323794264899_Content_Empty}/main.dwt.php");

to get the page to render at all in a browser.

Just wondering what I"m doing wrong, or if this is a know issue.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide

Sign in to reply to this post

Ian S

Hi Roby,

On the first point - yes. This is correct. The WA Framework strips away the design from the content as such. What you will find now is that you make a change to your template (either in design or code) you will only have to upload the template and all the files that are part of the theme attached to the template will pick up the changes - if that makes sense?

I've not actually comes across the issue in point 2 but it does sound like something is going amiss so hopefully WA will be able to get back to you on that one.

Cheers
Ian

roby258376

Thanks Ian, Now I know that at least part of what I'm doing is working as intended.

I am also wondering, is there a way to change the default naming convention of Templates to templates? I use lower case for my site folders and the default is going to cause me to have to change every page as I go forward with using FB.

Ian S

Hi Roby,

I don't believe there is a way to force dreamweaver to use a lowercase t on the Templates folder, although I'll happily stand to be corrected if someone knows different.

Cheers
Ian

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...