close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Can't connect to local MySQL server

Thread began 12/09/2011 12:46 pm by phill401410 | Last modified 12/29/2011 7:01 am by Jason Byrnes | 4186 views | 8 replies |

phill401410

Hi Jason(?)
Getting the following browser message when I submit this form. The actual email sends to but no Email Logging data is being saved to the server: ContactMe3.php :

Fatal error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) in /data/20/1/125/115/1940604/user/2116827/htdocs/thilldesign/Connections/thilldesign.php on line 9

file:///C:/Users/PixelDigit/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Dreamweaver%20CS5.5/en_US/Configuration/WAUE_HTML.htm

ALSO, when I go back to the Dreamweaver file ContactMe3.php and attempt to open the Server Behavior "Universal Email 15 (mail)" I get this DW error, "While Executing applyServerBehavior in CreateEmailMessage_WA.htm, a JavaScript error occurred."

Thanking you in advance for your usual excellent advice.

Sign in to reply to this post

phill401410

I solved the following issue by deleting the WinFileCache.dat file, big D'oh:
"ALSO, when I go back to the Dreamweaver file ContactMe3.php and attempt to open the Server Behavior "Universal Email 15 (mail)" I get this DW error, "While Executing applyServerBehavior in CreateEmailMessage_WA.htm, a JavaScript error occurred."

Read a couple other posts on "Can't connect..." and found one that said change the Connections file in DW. This is the original:
<?php
# FileName="Connection_php_mysql.htm"
# Type="MYSQL"
# HTTP="true"
$hostname_thilldesign = "localhost";
$database_thilldesign = "thilldesign";
$username_thilldesign = "cosmo";
$password_thilldesign = "cosmo";
$thilldesign = mysql_pconnect($hostname_thilldesign, $username_thilldesign, $password_thilldesign) or trigger_error(mysql_error(),E_USER_ERROR);
?>

Changed $hostname_thilldesign = "localhost"; to $hostname_thilldesign = "127.0.0.1";
No luck

Changed $thilldesign = mysql_pconnect($hostname_thilldesign, $username_thilldesign, $password_thilldesign) or trigger_error(mysql_error(),E_USER_ERROR); to
$thilldesign = mysql_pconnect($hostname_thilldesign, $username_cosmo, $password_cosmo) or trigger_error(mysql_error(),E_USER_ERROR);
Still no luck, will keep digging.

Matthew Meling

Hey Phill,

Try changing $username_cosmo and $password_cosmo back to $username_thilldesign and $password_thilldesign. Those are variables that hold the username and passwords and having different names will cause the connection to fail.

Keeping the localhost to 127.0.0.1 change, your connection should be:

<?php
# FileName="Connection_php_mysql.htm"
# Type="MYSQL"
# HTTP="true"
$hostname_thilldesign = "127.0.0.1";
$database_thilldesign = "thilldesign";
$username_thilldesign = "cosmo";
$password_thilldesign = "cosmo";
$thilldesign = mysql_pconnect($hostname_thilldesign, $username_thilldesign, $password_thilldesign) or trigger_error(mysql_error(),E_USER_ERROR);
?>

If that doesn't solve the issue, please try to remove the existing connection, and create a new one in its place.

If that doesn't solve the problem, please let me know.

phill401410

Mathew
Newbie here, thanks for your patience.
I made a new DB connection with the settings you suggested -- no success.
Attached is a Zip with a screen shot of my php users. I set all with the same "cosmo" password (will replace when I get this figured out). Do I need all these users?
Also included all the files in the attached Zip I think are pertinent to this email: ContactMe3.php
I am also getting an error message quite regularly, "Spry is undefined", screen shot in Zip. In the error message I click yes to continue running scripts, correct?
Thanks again

Attached Files
WA dbs Connection.zip

phill401410

Wondering if I might have corrupted some WA files. In the Dreamweaver file ContactMe3.php when I attempt to open the Server Behavior "Universal Email 16 (mail)" OR when I attempt to apply Insert > WebAssist > Create Email Message, I get this DW error, "While Executing applyServerBehavior in CreateEmailMessage_WA.htm, a JavaScript error occurred."

I deleted the Server Behavior "Universal Email 16 (mail)" from ContactMe3.php and tried to apply Insert > WebAssist > Create Email Message and still got DW error, "While Executing applyServerBehavior in CreateEmailMessage_WA.htm, a JavaScript error occurred.

I also attempted above in an older file, ContactMe2.php, and got same error.

Files attached

Attached Files
WA dbs Connection 13DEC11.zip

phill401410

I re-installed UE and got this error in the Dreamweaver file ContactMe3.php when I attempt to open the Server Behavior "Universal Email 16 (mail)":
"While Executing timer in WA Universal Email.htm, the following JavaScript error(s) occurred:
At line 320 of file
'C:\Users\PixelDigit\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\DreamweaverCS5.5\en_US\Configuration\Shared\WebAssist\UniversalEmail\WAUniversalEmailShared.js': defwhere has no properties"

WAUniversalEmailShared.js attached in Zip

Attached Files
WAUniversalEmailShared.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

phill401410

In my DW file, ContactMe3.php , when I try to open the Server Behavior, Universal Email 18 (mail), I get the following error message:
While executing timer in WA Universal Email.htm, the following JavaScrip error(s) occurred:
At line 3205 of file
"C:\Users\PixelDigit\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS5.5\en_US\Configuration\Commands\WA Universal Email.js": noPopulate is not defined

HERE IS WHAT I HAVE DONE SINCE OUR SUPPORT SESSION

Looks like I might have the DB connections to my local server figured out. I followed your tutorial video, Setting up a Database Connection in Dreamweaver, as well as the information in David McFarland's Dreamweaver CS5.5: The Missing Manual, Chapter 24, Getting Started with Dynamic Websites, Connecting to a Database.

With the new database, Connections > connthilldesign.php , did NOT get any error messages similar to the following previous error message:
Fatal error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) in /data/20/1/125/115/1940604/user/2116827/htdocs/thilldesign/Connections/thilldesign.php on line 9

In my DW file, ContactMe3.php , UE created the table, dw_submit_form , and placed it in my local server, phpMyAdmin, but when I send the email form it does send an email but does not populate the php table. This, I assume, is because of the js error above?

Files attached.

Attached Files
WA dbs Connection 23DEC11.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...