close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Question for Dani

Thread began 12/02/2011 3:33 pm by robert329616 | Last modified 12/12/2011 6:20 pm by Dani Chankhour | 2167 views | 8 replies |

robert329616

Question for Dani

Dani,

I think I closed out the ticket to soon (went back to update but did not have that option).
I have updated the live site we were working on. Everything worked great up until I selected learn more and redirected to the product details page. Instead of the side menu showing purchased products it reverted to rentals - not sure why.

The path to get there is on the home page click on the purchasing equipment banner (upper right side). Then select infant care/infant Ventilators/ in the side menu. The Drager product should show on the right (showing the price). Select learn more and that's when the side menu reverts.

I am hoping this is a quick fix as I am at the 11th hour.

Let me know if (since I closed the original ticket) I have to pay to open another ticket.

Thanks again.
Rob

Sign in to reply to this post

Dani Chankhour

Hey Robert.

I think the issue is that when you come back from the detail page, the Product Category is missing and it is loading the default which is Rentals.

To fix that you will need to pass ProdcutCategoryID to the detail page and then update the link on the detail page to include the ProductCategoryID

To do that, add a session on the Results page to store the ProductCategoryID.

$_SESSION['ProductCateogryID'] = $_GET['ProductCategoryID'];

And then update the link on the detail page to include the id by adding the following:

link.php?ProductCategoryID=<?php echo $_SESSION['ProductCategoryID']; ?>

Let me know if you have any issues.

robert329616

Dani,
Thanks for getting back to me.

I tried adding the session code (<?php echo $_SESSION['ProductCateogryID'] = $_GET['ProductCategoryID']; ?>) on the last line before the <html> tag in the results.php page and then updated the link on the details.php page but it did not work.
Looking at the site everything is fine up to the results page. Defaulting to rentals comes when I click on the learn more button on the results.php page and go to the details page.

I tried to change the link on the results.php page to the one you specified above, but that did not work either.

I am not sure if there is another page to modify at this point.
Rob

Dani Chankhour

Can you send me the code for the Learn More button on the results page. It seems that you will just need to add the ProdcutCategoryID to the link.

When I visit the following url:

products_results.php?Search=1&ProductCategoryID[]=1

The Learn more don't have the ProductCategoryID in the url.

robert329616

Dani,
I have zipped and attached the following files:
Under themes:Theme_Settings
Templates: purchase_page.dwt (connects to Martab-Medical-Purchase-Equipment.php)
Catalog/Basic: results.php
Catalog: results.php and details.php
and the side_menu folder.

I also included the string to get to the purchases section. Once there you can click on:
Infant Care to expand and then Infant Ventilators which will show Drager Babylog on the right side with the learn more button. When you click on that button the side menu on the next page reverts back to the Rentals category.

Thanks, let me know if you need anything else.
Rob

Attached Files
Martab.zip

robert329616

Dani,
I wanted to follow up to see if you had a chance to look at the files I zipped and also to see if you need anything else.

Thanks.
Rob

Dani Chankhour

Looking at the results.php it looks like you have a misspelling on this line:

<?php echo $_SESSION['ProductCateogryID'] = $_GET['ProductCategoryID']; ?>

You can remove that line since we don't need to use it on the results page, then update the following line:

<a class="ps_buttons" href="../../../products_detail.php?ProductID=<?php echo(rawurlencode($ProductID)); ?>">Learn more</a>

to

<a class="ps_buttons" href="../../../products_detail.php?ProductCategoryID=<?php echo $_GET['ProductCategoryID']; ?>&ProductID=<?php echo(rawurlencode($ProductID)); ?>">Learn more</a>

I'm not sure if you are using the results page in the catalog folder or in the basic folder depending on the theme you are using, but you should make the changes in both files.

On the Details.php page, you will need to update:

<a href="../../../products_results.php" class="ps_buttons">Back to Product Catalog</a>

to

<a href="../../../products_results.php?ProductCategoryID=<?php echo $_GET['ProductCategoryID']; ?>" class="ps_buttons">Back to Product Catalog</a>

This should always ensure the category id is passed around to the results and detail page.

robert329616

Dani,

I worked on the files late Friday night. I took out the unnecessary line of code then copied and pasted the learn more (both results pages) and back to buttons from above. When I click on the results link I get the following error on the details page:

The page renders to a white background (no graphic copy or images) and just this message; Unknown column 'A' in 'where clause'

I went through to try and troubleshoot over the weekend with no success. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated as I am past the project deadline and my client needs this up so they don't miss their window.

I am attaching the updated files for reference.

Thanks.
Rob

Attached Files
LatestFiles.zip

Dani Chankhour

I have created a support ticket to further assist you with the issue:

supporthistory.php

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...