close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

PS4 Menu pointing to custom product results page

Thread began 11/27/2011 5:44 pm by nancy268153 | Last modified 11/29/2011 6:29 pm by nancy268153 | 2702 views | 4 replies |

nancy268153

PS4 Menu pointing to custom product results page

I am upgrading from Version 3 to 4.5 of Powerstore. I had several custom product results pages built in PS3 which included a little blurb about the category just above the results. I'd like to use them in PS4. To make them I saved the product_results.php page with the new custom page name. I was able to tie them into the main menu including all of the subcategories as well as the side (accordian) menu in PowerStore 3 with Jason's help in this thread

QUESTIONS:

1) The Main Menu in PS4 is working great, but NOT the side / accordian menu. I'm not sure where to look or what code to change. the setup is very different than PS3. I would really appreciate some direction on how reference these pages correctly from the side menu.

2) Also, I had this accordian menu collapsing in my PS3 which was very nice but the one in PS4 does not collapse. Is it possible to accomplish this?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

these are not supported modifications in power store 4. If you would like assistance implementing these modifications, I would suggest signing up for a premiere ticket where we could work with you in a one on one setting to accomplish this.

nancy268153

Please Jason,
I have been saving for this upgrade and cannot afford another $50.00 + for support. I really need to be able to reference these pages from the side menu - not being able to do this would be a deal breaker for me and I am still within my 15 days for a return.
I understood the instructions in the other thread and have adapted them to the code in PS4 but I just can't find the place to make the changes for the side menu.
Did you look at the other thread? I just changed one little line of code to make the pages point to a copy of the product results page with a different name.
I have done it with the top menu, it's working fine and I just need to do it on the side one.
Can you tell me which page to make the change on? anything that would point me in the right direction?
Please.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the side menu is generated by the files in the webassist/plugins/side_menu folder.

you would need to edit the sidemenu.php page and the nested_accordion/sidemenu.php page

nancy268153

Thanks, you know I actually had that part figured out by the time you got to my question.
The surrounding code to that which I am replacing seems to surround a file called product_results_xmp.php now so it seems I can't use the same code.

I don't know what to do as I really hate to spend any more money to get this working. I have spent over $1000.00 on Web Assist extensions and solutions over the last 5 years and I have tried and tried to make something with them. Each time I apply myself anew to the project I get so frustrated and overwhelmed trying to figure out how to make it work.
I have never even spent a single one of my free support incidents before they expire (why would they expire anyway?) and every time I think I am almost set to go live I end up hitting a brick wall and I cannot even use the extensions I bought for dreamweaver. You advertise that I can use them but every time I try I am told it is not supported, or even worse, attempting to do so will break the package.
I have the entire Super Suite of Extensions, Powerstore2, PowerStore3, PowerCMS and PowerStore4. I am tenacious is nothing else, I really want to learn how to make this all work.
But,
I have yet to make a working web site and have never used a support ticket.
Every time I think I'll go with another extension or upgrade in hope that things will get better and every time a whole lot of things that I had already fixed get broken.
That is what happened here. I had these menus working nicely in PS3 but couldn't go live because it didn't support PayPal Standard and I don't have enough sales right now to pay a monthly fee merchant account.
I am almost there, having just spent another $200.00 on this upgrade ( my third upgrade to Powerstore). I feel that the expectation that I pay again for this help is terribly unfair.
Who may I contact to talk about this, or should I cut my loses now before it gets any worse and return the latest upgrade and just give up on the whole idea?

nancy268153

This post has been deleted.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...