close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Ecart 5 and PayPal Express Checkout Error

Thread began 11/26/2011 8:14 pm by netsysinc419552 | Last modified 11/30/2011 6:28 pm by netsysinc419552 | 1446 views | 4 replies |

netsysinc419552

Ecart 5 and PayPal Express Checkout Error

I have add PayPal Express Checkout to my working AuthorizeNet checkout page. AuthorizeNet is still working properly but I am getting the following PayPal error response when I click the PayPal Express Checkout button: "This transaction cannot be processed. The amount to be charged is zero."

I have attached two files. The first file is the ecart checkout.php(zip) page that was generated(includes some of my modifications). The second file is the two arrays that is being past to WA_PP_ECO_Set_Post($WA_PP_ECO_Set_params,$WA_PP_ECO_Do_itemized). The second file also has the PayPal responses that pp_checkout_failure produced.

I need your assistance to determine why the eCart values are not correct when using PayPal Express. Please note if I use Authorize Net everything works witout any problems.

Many Thanks,
John

Attached Files
PayPalError.txt
ycheckout_page.zip.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the problem is the eCart get Contents From Form behavior.

this uses the Any Form Post trigger, so is being triggered when the cart page posts to the checkout page, and again when the eCart checkout button.

on the bindings panel, click the plus button, select Form Data. in the Form Data interface, click the folder icon, and select the cart display page.

next, go to the server behaviors page, and edit the eCart Get Contents from Form behavior. for the trigger, click the lightning bolt, and select the checkout button from the cart display page form.

netsysinc419552

James,
Did what you requested but it generated a value of checkout.x on the IF POST statement, so this change did not work. Anyway I changed the period to a _ within the IF statement as follows: "if (isset($_POST["Checkout_x"])) {" and this allowed me to get through the PayPal process.

I am now having an issue when I try to update the PayPal Responses to my Payment Database. When I ready to update the database for PHONE, CONTACTPHONE, INVOICID, TRANSACTIONID and TRANSACTIONTYPE I get empty values. Example: $cc_tranid = "".WA_PP_ECO_GetValue($WA_PP_ECO_GetResult, "TRANSACTIONID") ."";
I also printed the $WA_PP_ECO_GetResult array and these values where not define but could fine all the other values.
What do I need to do to get the values PHONE, CONTACTPHONE, INVOICID, TRANSACTIONID and TRANSACTIONTYPE so I can store this info into my database.

Thanks!!
John

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

netsysinc419552

I figure it out by looking at your code logic in more detail. To get the Transaction ID and Tansaction type you have to obtain this info after the Do_Post logic in pp_confirm code. Then you need to use the DoResult array instead of the GetResult array. Changed code from:
$cc_tranid = "".WA_PP_ECO_GetValue($WA_PP_ECO_GetResult, "TRANSACTIONID") ."";
to the following:
$cc_tranid = "".WA_PP_ECO_GetValue($WA_PP_ECO_DoResult, "TRANSACTIONID") ."";
and everthing work.
As for the billing (contactphone) number and shipping phone number, The only way you can get this info is to go to your PayPall merchant profile on the PayPal site and then select selling preferances, select Website Payment Preferances and click the radio button to require phone number. This will only send the Billing phone (ie. CONTACTPHONE) and will not send the shipping phone number. Guess I will have to live with that.

It would be nice if your documentation would tell us what the Paypal result fields are and how to obtain this info. Anyway, Thanks for your help!!! I also close the support ticket since this has resolved my problem. Thanks again for your support! John

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...