close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Deleting files with Digital File Pro

Thread began 11/11/2011 7:19 am by smorin315817 | Last modified 11/11/2011 8:43 am by Jason Byrnes | 1063 views | 1 replies |

smorin315817

Deleting files with Digital File Pro

I have a very simple application. I have used Digital File Pro to upload a pdf to a folder on the server. I also need to be able to go in and delete that file if necessary. Is there like a recipe or simple solution. I see there is a delete option in Digital File Pro but don't know how to apply it. I am not inserting any data into a database, just upload a file, then need to look at what I have uploaded and delete older pdfs.

Basically they are pdf calendars.. We want to keep at least a year available, but we will be deleting them. Plus I can see someone uploading a file and then making some edits and re-uploading the file up and wanting to delete the current file. Thanks for any help!

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

to be able to delete files using the delete file behavior, there needs to be a way to get the file name. The most common way to do this is to store the files name in a database when it is uploaded, you can then create a manage files page that uses a recordset to return a listing of all the uploaded files, and offers a delete button for each one.

next to the delete button would be a hidden form element that is used to pass the file name to the delete file behavior.

If you're not storing the file name in a database, this becomes a lot more tricky to accomplish.

It would require hand coding a routine to return the files names from the upload directory. There are no WebAssist extensions available to do this, it would require php coding experience to accomplish.

Sign in to reply to this post

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...