close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Image Resizer folder permissions

Thread began 11/11/2011 1:50 am by mail393820 | Last modified 5/28/2012 5:37 am by mail393820 | 4499 views | 18 replies |

mail393820

Image Resizer folder permissions

Image resizer seems to be creating the thumbnails on the server as expected but they aren't displaying on the page. When I navigate to the folder ie. "image_cache/assests/images/pix/crop/wed-pic-05_w90_h90/wed-pic-05_11101223.jpg" to view the image I get the following message in my browser "Forbidden - You don't have permission to access /image_cache/assests/images/pix/crop/wed-pic-05_w90_h90/wed-pic-05_11101223.jpg on this server." I would be grateful for your help and advice on how to rectify this.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

using an ftp program like FileZilla:
filezilla-project.org/

browse to the /image_cache/assests/images/pix/crop/wed-pic-05_w90_h90/wed-pic-05_11101223.jpg file on the server, right click and select File Permisions. Try chnaging the permissions level to 755 the try viewing the file again in a browser.

if that works, use File Zilla to change the permissions for the /image_cache/ folder, and set it to Recurse through all files and folders under it.

Then in dreamweaver, edit the webassist/caching/CachedResize_Image.php file

change line 229:

php:
mkdir ($cachefolder,0777,true);

to:

php:
mkdir ($cachefolder,0755,true);

mail393820

Thanks Jason. At first your advice seemed to work but when a new thumbnail was created the permissions for new folders were different again so the thumbs that were already on the server display ok but the newly created ones show only as a question mark. Can you suggest anything else to try? I appreciate your help.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

Dave BuchholzBeta Tester

I have encountered this issue as well so I would be interested in the solution.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

info269075

Same problem

Hello because of this problem i never could use the extension, so if there is a solution now, I will take it.
Thanks

Dani Chankhour

Can you check to make sure the folder that is storing the images have read/write permissions?

If that is still an issue, can you tell me if you are getting the same error listed above or a different error.

Thanks.

mail393820

Each time image resizer creates a new folder on the server the folder is set with the wrong read/write permissions. I have to manually change permissions for each new folder before the image will display on the webpage. I am desperate to get this working so any help is greatly appreciated. Is there any way around this? Would it help if I could choose the thumbnails to be saved to a master thumbnails folder rather than a unique folder for each image?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

try changing line 6L

php:
return is_dir($pathname) || @mkdir($pathname);

to:

php:
return is_dir($pathname) || @mkdir($pathname);

chmod($pathname, 0777);

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...