close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

File Upload

Thread began 11/01/2011 5:14 pm by msbannister373603 | Last modified 1/26/2012 12:35 pm by Jason Byrnes | 2572 views | 10 replies |

msbannister373603

File Upload

I've searched the message board for detailed on instructions on using the file upload feature of universal email. This extension seems to be complicated. I can't figure out how to get the file to upload and the name to store in the database. None of your solution recipes give instructions on these issues. After I apply the behavior to the file field how do I use the bindings in the and which bindings do I apply. I know I'm probably missing something simple. Are they any detailed instructions available?

Sign in to reply to this post

msbannister373603

Figured it out

I finally figured this out if anyone is interested. After looking at the code for the upload for hours, I figured out when I changed the overwrite command to Rename existing file the extension finally worked. When you choose the overwrite command it places a 0 in the code where you choose which file to upload. When you use any option besides overwrite it chooses the 2, 3, 4 options and it works nicely.

Magega49

Uploading Files to my server

Hello,

Can Any one help please?

I want to know how to set up a form in dreamweaver, to let user upload images to my server please???

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

create a new php document in Dreamweaver.

Go to Insert -> Form -> Form to create the form.

Go to Insert -> Form -> File Filed to add a file field to the form.

go to Insert -> Form -> Button to add a submit button to the form.

Now go to Insert -> WebAssist -> File Manipulation -> Upload file to add the file upload server behavior.

in the upload server behavior click the help button for more details on tjhe various settings.

Magega49

Work Great!!!

Thank you it workout Great,

But I just want to know if I can add another field to ask user for their order number??

How do i do that? Please...

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

yes, you can add another field, the same way you added the submit button and the file field, go to Insert -> FOrms and select the appropriate element type (Probably a text box in this case).

Magega49

Thank you so, much!!!!

Thank you....

So, much!!!!

Magega49

File Upload

Sorry guys,
But i m receiving the files but I don know how to set it to get text information on my personal email....

I want user to upload the files and to be aivle to enter a order number and user email address...... The files upload fine is just the user informaion that I need help with..

Please!

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you need to add the universal email Create email message behavior, Insert -> WebAssist -> Create Email Message.

select the option to Create a file for the email to have the form information automatically sent to you.

make sure to supply a valid from and to email address in the settings.

Magega49

Thank you, So, Much!!!!

Another question I want to know how can I set the form to create a folder for each user or to tell me the user order number relate to the file being upload...

For sample:

if you purchase a business cards to be print in my site, I will ask you to upload your artwork after you finish the payment...
How I will know that this artwork is coming from that person that just order...

Can the order number be add automatic to the message form, field??? Or can I have the system created a folder for each user that will upload files in there????

This is very important for my web site in order to work properly to better servce my client on line... Please help me on this if you can (-:

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...