close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

DW Templates issue with PowerCMS Builder

Thread began 10/27/2011 12:49 pm by drayschermerhorn146715 | Last modified 4/23/2012 6:27 am by Jason Byrnes | 2081 views | 5 replies |

drayschermerhorn146715

DW Templates issue with PowerCMS Builder

I installed PowerCMS Builder and got it activated (after some technical help - thanks, Jason).

I opened up one of the sites I was working on and modified a Dreamweaver template that I was using for all the pages of the site.

I found that the changes did not propagate correctly. I then found that in fact some of the pages had been detached from the template I had created. I believe these were pages that I had opened and contained PHP includes from PowerCMS Builder.

PowerCMS Builder installed a number of templates in my site, and I'm not sure what effect that might have had on my original site template.

I know I did not detach these pages (intentionally) from their template. My question - is it possible that PowerCMS Builder could somehow detach a page from its template when that page is open in DW, with a connection to the server?

As a second question, let's imagine that I'm finding the PowerCMS Builder extension more trouble than it's worth. But I still want to use and install PowerCMS (which I'm very happy with). I assume that I can legally do this, and that all of the PowerCMS files are included in the Builder extension.

Can you tell me where I find these files? Can they be uploaded and activated in the same way they were with PowerCMS? Does my activation code for the extension work as the activation code for PowerCMS?

Thanks....Duane

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

marketing331920

reselling templates

Hello Web Assist Team
You are appreciated!
Hello. My name is Steve Valencia. I am a Dreamer…but unlike like “some” dreamer’s….I do not mind working.
I have been told that I am a driver, extremest, addhdd on steroids and intense….
Silly people…I do not think so! Haha
Ok, so here we go!
I am www.LoneWolfHowlingAtTheMoon.com point! I have lots of time.
I am the sole owner of www.AthenaInsurance.com an independent insurance agency.
I have been taken in the development area by programmers over and over and over again… and so now I will learn to do this stuff myself.
I have a small reseller hosting site, and will build it out someday…and market your product too…but for now I am just trying to learn…and learn….
Here is the point!
I want to create a template for contractors of every class.
Example:
· General Contractors
· Plumbing contractors
· Concrete contractors
· And so on for about 200 plus classes
Next, I want to have about twenty or so varieties of each class
Then, I want to allow them to pick and choose the site and then off we go… we will set them up a sub-domain or domain. The sub-domains will reside at www.AmericanContractorExchange.com.
So here is the question. How do I create the templates so when each company purchase the site template “they” have their own specific login credentials to modify with cms…thanks..
LW…haha

Steve Valencia 209.223.1870
Love / Peace...out... :)

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

each site would be a separate domain, and a separate installation of Power CMS Builder

you would first need to create each of the templates that you wish to offer.

then when a client purchases a template, create a new domain/site using that template, and then apply power CMS Builder to the site.

marketing331920

Stay connected on this and templates. I paid for a support ticket and was given some general "steps" to proeed with. (caveat there are lots of different ways to go)
It was also suggested that I purchse Frame works? So I am going to follow Jason's suggestions and learn the products. And..then purchse the Frame works also.
I got one site to take the cms and it uploaded flawlessley...but I have to go back and work on it some more...eventually if all goes well you will see a demo of cms at DemoSite.AmericanContractorExchange.com.
Next, I am working on a site for a bud / contractor as part of our Never leave a contractor behind - project Ace... his url is www.jgvconstruction.com. I pass the buck to him to get his content in there when I am done.
Currently I am having a problem on this domaon accepting the database that is recognized by DW but when I try to install the "Create PowerCMS I am getting the following error "Unable to edit your database with the provided user credentials. Please make sure the connection user has write access to tehis database. (You may need to jpload the connectio to the server if yoiu have made changes cecently) Ok???? What?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

in your Dreamweaver site settings, how is the connection to the testing server defined?

the most common cause of this error is the testing server settings.

In the testing server settings, are you connecting to a local testing server or a remote server through FTP?

make sure that the Web URL and Root Directory settings are set properly.

The web URL should be a full URL to the site on your testing server.

the Root Directory needs to be the path to the directory on the server that matches the Web URL. This settings is especially important if you are connecting to a remote server using FTP. When you log into some FTP Servers, you may be outside of the web root, if this is the case on your server, you need to specify the web root directory.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...