close ad
WARNING PC USERS: Do Not Install the DREAMWEAVER CC 2017 Update »
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

JavaScript Error

Thread began 10/26/2011 4:02 pm by dalimi1398207 | Last modified 11/14/2011 12:54 pm by Jason Byrnes | 1126 views | 3 replies |

dalimi1398207

JavaScript Error

I keep receiving the following error when using the frame builder and adding a form as a plugin.

While executing applyServerBehavior in 20-Insert
Dynamic Plug-in.htm, a JavaScript error occured.

I followed exactly as you described in hour video tutorial.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Delete the Dreamweaver Cache file from the users configuration folder:
common_installation_issues.pdf



if you continue to have a problem, send a copy of the page you are trying to add the plugin to and the page you are trying to use as a plugin.

Sign in to reply to this post

codamedia

I was getting this error as well - and a similar one when trying to insert a single page.

Trying to delete the cache did not work at all - so I decided to take a closer look at the code on the page. The code I was working with came from a different developer, therefore I figured something might not be right.

Turns out it was the "DOCTYPE" line on the page causing the problem.

The one on the page read

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//en" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">



All I had to do was capitalize the LANGUAGE and the plug in worked. (ie: "en" to "EN")

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">



This seems to be a very odd thing to cause an entire extension to stop working!

I'd love to hear a response from someone at WebAssist as to why a lower case language would cause such problems.
Is this a bug, or is a lower case language really improper syntax that would cause an extension to stop working and display javascript errors?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

on the one hand, the lower case language tag is improper syntax when using any of the XML based document types, XML Is case sensitive.

by using an xhtml document type you are forcing tag case sensitivity.

on the other hand, the case of the document tag should cause the extensions to crash. I have logged this as a bug in our bugbase.

Sign in to reply to this post

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...