close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Annual Recurring Subscription

Thread began 10/19/2011 5:05 pm by rminshul431464 | Last modified 10/21/2011 2:23 pm by Jason Byrnes | 1335 views | 4 replies |

rminshul431464

Annual Recurring Subscription

I'm trying to setup an annual recurring subscription to access specific pages of a website.

I need to setup a registration process where a user pays for a subscription using either a credit card or PayPal and upon acceptance of their payment either send the user an email confirmation that contains a temporary auto-generated username and password or allow the user to then create their username and password so they can then access the secured pages.

I've read forums where it said this could be done using the PayPal eCommerce Toolkit and SecurityAssist. On your screenshots for the eCommerce Toolkit image 13 of 13 shows the ability to setup a subscription with recurring payments until the cutomer cancels.
showthread.php?t=2764&highlight=paypal+ecommerce+toolkit

I've also seen a forum where you indicate this can be done using eCart.
showthread.php?t=18626&highlight=subscription

But I've also read several forums where you indicate that an annual subscription cannot be setup using your applications.
showthread.php?t=21996&highlight=subscription
showthread.php?t=20769&highlight=subscription

This is a little confusing. Can you assist me in setting up a subscription based access to a website? I am not a programmer and just purchased Dynamic Suite because your promotional material for that suite stated "Dynamic Suite can be used without any prior CSS experience or knowledge."

Thanks,
Robert

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the problem you will face is the issue of Recurring payments.

eCart does not offer support for recurring payments, this would need to be hand coded and is not supported.

the PayPal eCommerce Toolkit can do recurring payments, but you will need to create an IPN page to set the user account if the transaction is accepted. more details on PayPal IPN can be found here:
ipn

Neither tool will get you _all the way_ through what you are trying to accomplish without some PHP coding experience.

If you would like help setting the recurring payments in eCart, or configuring the IPN page, you can sign up for a premiere ticket where we would work with you in a one on one scenario to set this up.

rminshul431464

How does this affect SecurityAssist Setup

I was looking at your scheduling process for a premiere ticket. It states you help with one issue. How does this recurring payment setup affect the SecurityAssist setup. I'm not sure how to start with that setup until I get some info about the recurring payments setup.

Currently I've setup User Authentication in Dreamweaver to protect about 30 pages in a website, but it doesn't have a user account feature where users can change their password or request help for a forgotten password which is why I purchased SecurityAssist.

In setting up SecurityAssist I'm not sure what tables and columns I'll need to setup in order to make the recurring payments work.

If I use PayPal for the processing does that mean they take care of all the financial details so I won't have to include columns for credit card number, experation date, name, address, etc. to process the card? When using PayPal do I simply need columns for email, username and password?

If using eCart I'm assuming I have to include several tables with all the necessary columns to include all the necessary data for processing payments in addidtion to the security details.

Can you give me a little direction on where to start. I definitely want to setup a premiere ticket to get some profession assistance but I don't won't to waste a call on eCart or PayPal Toolkit only to be told I have to do the SecurityAssist first and get nothing done.

The security and the payment mechanism all seems to be interrelated and I'm not sure how to proceed to get the maximum benefit from your professional support.

Thanks,
Robert

rminshul431464

Security and Recurring Payments

What needs to be setup 1st, the security using SecurityAssist or the payments mechanism using either eCart or the PayPal Toolkit?

Thanks,
Robert

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the eCommerce database is a good starting point:
ecommerce-database/

for your purposes, you would need the users, orders and order details table

you can certainly get the security assist login portion created before starting with the payment portion. but some of the security assist setup will rely on the payment setup to be complete.

you can start with setting up the security assist pages for login, registration, forgot password and such, so that they are in place to tie in the eCart checkout.

rminshul431464

Recreate Security

This post has been deleted.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...