close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Errors

Thread began 10/12/2011 4:41 pm by lvmetro322414 | Last modified 10/17/2011 12:16 pm by Jason Byrnes | 1217 views | 5 replies |

lvmetro322414

Errors

I own just about all your extensions: Super Suite plus some others. They are all current versions. About 4 months ago (June - 2011) I had phone support because I just purchased Adobe Web premium CS 5.5 and had various errors using Security assist and installing the extensions. At the time I was able to use the extensions I was using at that time. I remember there was an issue with what order to install each extension due to the warning "Newer version of file exist".
I also cleared out the cache and so on. Recently I tried to use Universal Email (and yes I did the recommended fix) and was not able to use it and was not have success. So I tried to repeat the UEM 4 fix again. No luck! I got myself in a huge quagmire trying to uninstall and reinstall various extensions and deleting the cache file. I am trying to meet a deadline and have spent days trying to get things to work.
-Because I have so many extensions is this causing conflicts?
-Is there a specific order to install?
If the warning "Newer version of file exist" does cause a problem when you have as many extensions as I do, why cant you date the release of each extension so when you upgrade to new version of Dreamweaver and need to reinstall you know what order to do it???

At this point I have uninstalled all extensions...
Please advise on where I should start???

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

there are some newer extensions that replace older extensions.

For example, if you have CSS Form Builder 2 installed, you will not need to install Universal Email 4.

CSS Form Builder 2 has UE 4 built into it, so replaces UE4.

from your description, it sounds like you had CSS Form Builder 2 installed, then installed UE 4 which broke Dreamweaver.

I dont know how far back your extensions go, but some older extensions like Photo Assist have been discontinued, and have not been updated for CS5.5.

As far as order goes, for the most part, there is not an order, except for the following extensions, these should be installed last in this order:

Form Toolkit
CSS Form builder 2.0.3 Support Update 2
HTMLEditor 3
Security Assist 2

If you are unsure of whether some of the extensions you own are incompatible or replaced with others, send a list of the extensions you have, including version numbers, and I will let you know.

lvmetro322414

Errors

Why was there not a note: If you have CSS Form Builder 2 installed, you will not need to install Universal Email 4. I Didn't know this and spent $100 on UE4 for nothing!

Anyway, below is taken from a chart I developed yesterday to organize all info of what I originally installed in DW CS5.5 with notes. Where I have "Bookmark Fix" I am aware of the extension fix. The "Do Not Install" are the extensions I know not to install.

Thanks

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Communication Toolkit for Skype 1.0.3
‎
Cookies Toolkit 3.1.3 Bookmark Fix

CSS Form Builder 1.0.2 ‎Please note: CSS Form Builder includes all the functionality of the older Validation Toolkit. If you own Validation Toolkit and it is currently installed, you will need to uninstall the extension from the Adobe Extension Manager prior to installing CSS Form Builder.

CSS Menu Writer 2.0.5

CSS Sculptor 3.0.2

DataAssist 2.0.8 Please note: This version of DataAssist includes all the functionality of the older Database Search. If you have Database Search installed, you must remove it completely before installing DataAssist. Bookmark Fix

Database Starter Kit for PHP 1.0.1

Digital File Pro 2.0.4 " DO NOT INSTALL"

Dreamweaver 8 Recipes Extension 2.1.0

Dreamweaver Tools for Google 2.0.4

Dynamic Dropdowns 2.7.5

Dynamic Web Charts 1.0.5

eCart 5.0.3 Bookmark Fix

eCommerce mySQL Database 1.0.0

eCommerce Recipes 3.0.0

Eric Meyer's CSS SCULPTOR 3.0.2

Form Toolkit 1.0.0

HTML Editor 2.0.2 Please note: HTML Editor includes all the functionality of the older iRite. If you own iRite and it is currently installed, you will need to uninstall the extension from the Adobe Extension Manager prior to installing HTML Editor.

iRite 1.0.3 " DO NOT INSTALL"

Jeffrey Zeldman's Web Standards Advisor 1.0.2
PalettePicker 1.0.5
PayPal eCommerce Toolkit 4.5.4
PayPal eCommerce Toolkit Recipes 1.0.0

PowerCMS 1.0.2 Bookmark Fix

Pro Maps for Google 1.0.7
Search for BOSS 1.0.1
SecurityAssist 2.0.3
Site Import 3.0.4
SiteAssist 3.2.3
SiteAssist Professional 1.0.9
Social Media Toolkit 1.0.0
Surveyor 1.0.8
Theme-It 1.0.2

Universal Email 4.0.1 Please note: This version of Universal Email includes all the functionality of the older Digital File Pro. If you have Digital File Pro installed, you must remove it, and any older version of Universal Email, completely before installing this product. Fix 400 and 401

Validation Toolkit Recipes 1.2.0 " DO NOT INSTALL"

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Security Assist includes Cookies Toolkit, so you won't need to install Cookies Toolkit.

Form Builder includes Universal Email, HTML Editor, and Digital File Pro

iRite has been replaced by HTML Editor.

It seems that you have it all figured out from what I can tell.

In terms of uninstalling... I'd recommend deleting your user's Dreamweaver Configuration folder (or renaming it for a backup). This will effectively uninstall all of your extensions at once and save you quite a bit of time.

Then you can reinstall from there. Installing all of them is probably faster than uninstalling one.

In terms of the order to install you should make sure to install the most recently updated extension last and replace all shared files. The order shouldn't matter too much as long as you end with a recent one and replace all of the files. So I'd suggest installing Security Assist last and use "yes to all".

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

lvmetro322414

error

CSS Form Builder 1.0.2 Does this version include Uemail or does it need to be a later version?

Do mean the Config folder in- user/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/DreamweaverCS5.5/en_us/Configuration

When I startup DW will it reinitiate the config folder? What will I loose by doing this?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

CSS Form Builder 1.0.2 does not include universal email.

Universal Email is included in CSS Form builder 2

yes, that is the correct configuration folder path.

yes Dreamweaver will recreate this folder if it does not exist.

renaming or deleting the configuration folder has the effect of uninstalling all extensions.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...