close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

DataAssist 2.0.5 Wizard JavaScript error

Thread began 7/14/2009 7:14 am by Kevin373660 | Last modified 10/16/2009 10:15 am by Ray Borduin | 7346 views | 22 replies |

Kevin373660

DataAssist 2.0.5 Wizard JavaScript error

I was trying to set up the product catalogue, allowing the DataAssist 2.0.5 Wizard to configure and create all of the pages with extra options at the same time (Search Server Behavior for a Search page and add to Results page, Dynamic Menus, Filter & Selection for the Results page, and Multiple Select Lists/Menus). After Step 10 the results.php page was created the following error occurred, stopping the creation process for the other pages:

Error message:
Adobe Dreamweaver CS3

While executing onMouseUP in WA_AppBuilder.html, the following JavaScript error(s) occurred:

At line 2021 of the "D:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CS3\Configuration\Shared\WebAssist\ApplicationBuilder\AppBuilder_Object.js":
JavaScript error while loading WADA_5DatabaseSearch.htm:

Unable to open script file "D:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CS3\Configuration\ServerBehaviours\Shared\UltraDev\Scripts\ssClasses.js"(error 3).

I have opened a ticket #103818 with Tech Support. I need to also use DataAssist to create the Admin backend. The error maybe triggered by one of the options selected. I believe that previously I had to skip the Search Page option to bypass a similar problem with the earlier version. If tech support bogs down finding a full solution, is there a workaround? Or does this error indicate that I should not proceed?

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The error may not even cause problems. It looks like something we can fix pretty easily, but I can't figure out why that file wouldn't exist... That is a file in a location that DW installs. You could probably search for ssClasses.js and move it to that location to fix the problem. The support incident is the right direction to go in.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Kevin373660

I found the ssClasses.js file in:

D:\Program Files\Adobe\AdobeDreamweaverCS\configuration\Shared\UltraDev\Scripts\ssClasses.js

as you mentioned it should have been in the following directory:

D:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CS3\configuration\ServerBehaviors\Shared\UltraDev\Scripts\ssClasses.js

I had to create the missing folders and copied the file to the correct directory. Thanks Ray. I have been waiting for direction on this from tech support since last week. I will try to run the wizard again and see if that helps.

Kevin373660

Issue still unresolved. I have updated ticket with information. Removed and reinstalled DataAssist as program incase that helped. However, it still acts up before completing STEP 8, STEPS 9 & 10 are blank. Program does not create any pages. I just seems stuck in an endless loop. I have not tried running the wizzard without the Search page generation and function. Perhaps that could be added later as a possible workaround? Will post back if tech can find a cause or solution that might help others if they run into this.

Kevin373660

Tech support replied with these recomendations:

1. Make sure that you have the files panel closed when running the wizard.
2. Rename the configuration folder to configuration_back. This will have the effect of disabling all of the installed extensions. You should open the extension manager and remove all extensions to clear the extension mangers cache. After removing the extensions you can then reinstall them making sure to download the latest versions from your order history. When installing the extensions if you are prompted to overwrite any existing files select 'yes to all'.

I tried creating only the Resaults/Search/Detail pages for the cataluge, Results page created and then ran into the same original error after finishing the 7 STEPS. DW error poped up: "While executing onMouseUp in WA_AppBuilder.html, a JavaScript error occured.

There is a a WA_AppBuilder.php file located under the WA_DataAssist website directory. Perhaps something is looking for the wrong file type?

I am thinking of trying without the Search page/Function. Would it be a lot of work to add after? Not my first choice as I need to run DataAssist with the search functionality min. 7 times in all including admin backend.

To access the DataAssist Wizard, I have to opened a blank.php (no headers or anything set up) in the target directory where I want the file to be created. This time code was writen into the blank.php. I looks to me like it inserted both editable region codes for Search and the Detail pages, right on top of the Doctype lines. Looks like similar effect in the Resaults.php page. The template editable region was ignored and it just did its own thing. And yes, I did have the correct template and editable region configured and it showed up fine durring the configuration process.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

What is your incident number? I'll contact you and try to debug this with you to find the cause.

Kevin373660

I sure appreciate the offer Ray. The Ticket is #103818. My number is in the last entry.

Kevin373660

Sorry to bother you Ray. Regarding Ticket 94937 for this issue, Jimmy Wu updated and asked and I sent some files for him to look at yesterday morning your time. I havn't heard back and would appreciate an update on their progress. Am I to be on standby? I stayed in the office tilll 9:00pm last night just in case. Perhaps I should revert back to the previous version? Thank you.

Kevin373660

My Support Ticket #103818 - "DataAssist Java Error - While creating shopping catalogue," was moved to the "Resolved" bin. IT IS NOT RESOLVED. An older ticket #94937 for an older DW java aleart which did not seem to affect the page has been left active. I thought they were just simply combining the two tickets but I may have been wrong.

Please have support email with update regarding status of the main area of concern (Support Ticket #103818) related to using DataAssist to create my shopping cart and admin backend. This is dragging into the 4th week. Or should I reopen a new ticket again and just copy the info from the cloesed ticket to it? I realy need to get DataAssist working, please help.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I will make sure someone looks into this further today. Sorry for the delay they must be having difficulty reproducing the problem.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...