close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Captcha not validating

Thread began 10/09/2011 11:30 pm by jack343289 | Last modified 10/25/2011 8:19 am by Jason Byrnes | 5549 views | 14 replies |

jack343289

Captcha not validating

I cannot get Captcha to validate before the form is sent off.

To process my form I use a php script called "Form2Mail" so the whole contents are sent by this php script.

I decided to add Captcha security, so I purchased it. I followed the instructions very carefully but either it is not validating or the form is being sent before the Captcha has a chance to validate.

Has anyone successfully used Webassist Captcha with Form2Mail? (by Hot Dreamweaver extensions). If so could they point me in the right direction

Thank you
Jack

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

all form processing must happen on the forms action page.

You would need to add the captcha validation to the form2email script page.

the work flow when using Server Validation when a form posts to the other page is:

On the forms action page, open the bindings panel, click the plus button and select Form Data. In the form data dialog click the folder icon and select the form page.

This adds dynamic data bindings to the bindings panel for the form.

now add the Server validation server behavior to the action page, make sure to set the failed redirect to go back to the form page.

back on the form page, add the error messages to show which fields have failed validation. Select the error message in design view, then add a Validation Show If Behavior (WebAssist -> Forms -> Validation -> Validation Show If)

in the validation show if, set the validation page to the forms action page, from the list of validations, select the validation that should trigger the error.

now select the form element, in the property inspector, click the lightning bolt next to initial value, expand the validated entries group and select the corresponding binding.

jack343289

Puzzled over what to do

Thank you for your reply, but I am a little confused - sorry I'm new to all of this!

Is it possible to put it into layman's terms.

I have two pages:
1. form2mail.php 2. contact.php

I have set the form out with the various fields and it works fine when the code for Form2 Mail.php is added.

I understand how to add the captcha, "validate it" and "validation show if" but I don't understand what you have suggested - would it be possible to put it in simple terms

Thank you
Jack

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the validation behavior to validate captcha needs to be applied to the form2mail.php page.

the steps I outlined above, explain how to add the validation behavior when the form posts to another page in as simple terms as is possible.

jack343289

Please, more info

I take it that the "forms action page" form2mail.php?
And the form page - is it contact.php?

The instruction "select the form element, in the property inspector" I take it it is "Application" and "Bindings" - is that correct?

You loose me in the part where you say: "now select the form element, in the property inspector, click the lightning bolt next to initial value, expand the validated entries group and select the corresponding binding".

What corresponding binding am I looking for?

Thank you for your help
Jack

jack343289

Nearly there

I have now got to a stage where if the correct captcha code is entered the mail posts. But if entered incorrectly it clears all the entered information.

Can this be resolved?

Regards
Jack

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

select the form element, in the property inspector, click the lightning bolt next to initial value, expand the validated entries group and select the corresponding binding.

jack343289

More help, please

I had already did what you suggested. So I started with a new form and went through the process listed above, but with the same results - the data clears after the capatcha code is entered incorrectly.

Any ideas?

Regards
Jack

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

please send copies of your pages so i can see the code.

jack343289

Files uploaded

Thank you for your time.
I have include a zip file of my files.
I have not included the two .csv files that are associated with form2mail which contain all the ip's for the different countries, as they are about 230kb each. Let me know if you need them.
Regards
Jack

Attached Files
files.zip

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...