close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Bulk Email Question

Thread began 9/30/2011 10:30 am by RRod55141879 | Last modified 11/28/2019 8:28 pm by anonymous | 4089 views | 10 replies |

RRod55141879

Bulk Email Question

Hi,

The PDF of Universal email says that is not necessary progress bar, and that after starting send bulk email's we can navigate to other pages. This is true?!

Let's say that i start to send to 2500 users, from database, after start sending can i go to other pages, or should i stay in the same page till will be finished?

Do i need to configure any cronjob to work perfectly?

Thanks in advance for any answer.

Regards.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

once the email is sent to the php server, it will process through the email list whether the page is open in the browser or not. you do not need to have the email page open in the browser for the php server to continue processing through the email list.

thepair

Process Bar or NOT

Originally Said By: Jason Byrnes
  once the email is sent to the php server, it will process through the email list whether the page is open in the browser or not. you do not need to have the email page open in the browser for the php server to continue processing through the email list.  

If this is true that will work for me, BUT how do I remove the Process Bar code from the php code? Unlike the Universal Email Behavior, the Progress Bar does not show up in the list of Behaviors which was part of my problem when I started searching for an answer.
My problem was the Progress Bar never ever showed up and after 2 minutes (about 130 emails) the Thank You screen did showed up.
So naturally some hit the submit more than once.
If I do leave the page before it is done sending email, what happens to the re direct to the Thank You page?
Should that be left blank?
Or could you add more code like include ('another file') I would like to show a list of all the emails the message was sent to.

Thanks

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the progress bar code needs to be removed manually, there is not an automated process for removing the progress bar.

for the problem you are having, fixing the progress bar is the best solution. Most likely the problem is that the script files for the progress bar are not uploaded to the server, make sure to upload the webassist/progress_bar folder.

any redirect used in the UE will only happen after the emails have been sent.

as far as leaving the page in the middle of sending the emails, this is not something that can be done in the php code, it is something the site visitor would do, either closing the browser, or going to another page.

Nathan69474

what if broadband connection drops during sending

Hi Jason,

this is more a theoretical question. but is semi related to this posting.

I have successfully created a newsletter function with the software. I have included a progress bar, which when finished goes to a sent page (I like having the progress bar active as it helps prevent duplicate clicks on the submit button). I have also set up a delay function of 1 email per second. The total subscriber database is approx 3000, but we have broken it down into user grouping so approx 250 users per group and we can then send tweaked user group specific emails.

Effectively it take about 4-5 minutes to send to a user group list. However the site owner who runs the site, doesn't have the most reliable of wifi connections, you said in this posting ... "once the email is sent to the php server, it will process through the email list whether the page is open in the browser or not."

What happens if during the sending process, the person's wifi drops out. I am correct in thinking the php script still process to the end of the list. With the only noticeable effect being that the submitter's browser will not go to the sent successfully page (due to no internet connection, not software fault)

This isn't a problem as such, because as part of the submit function I have created a inserting new record into a sent details database table.

I just need to reassure the site owner the emails are being sent, despite their wifi disconnecting and to make sure they don't go and re-send it

Thanks
Nathan

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

regardless of the wifi being droped, the email script will still continue sending the emails, the user just wont be able to see any progress in the browser.

Nathan69474

As I'd hoped ! Thanks Jason

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you're welcome.

anonymous

Hi sir,
I just want to confirm that it will work for bulk sms or not???

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It should... we use it to frequently send emails to 100,000+ users. However your hosting provider or SMTP server can have restrictions based on the hosting plan you are using. Large email lists will often require dedicated hosting.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...