close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Recipient address problem

Thread began 9/07/2011 6:54 am by Steve E | Last modified 9/07/2011 10:01 am by Jason Byrnes | 2164 views | 7 replies |

Steve E

Recipient address problem

Hi
I am still testing on my local machine, I have a simple form that sends a message when an order has been dispatched, I have a recordset with the order details, I have added a dynamic value for the recipient e-mail address, and a CC and BCC values (these are static entries), when I submit the form, the email comes through to both the BCC and CC but not to the recipient,
When I view the Email, there is no address in the 'To' field at all?
This leads me to believe that the dynamic address is not actually being passed through to the message, I have tried several times to reconfigure the form, but the message still does not get sent to the recipient.
The form is on my local development server
The mail server is set to my remote vps (mail.domainname.com, port 25)
BCC & CC: static addresses
To: dynamic address

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks in advance.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

what type of dynamic value are you using for the recipient address.

can you please send a copy of your page so I can look at the code to get a better idea of the issue.

Steve E

Hi Jason
I hope you are well,
I have attached the files for your attention
Thanks in advance

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the email is using a column form the recordset. The recordset is filtereed on a querystring variabale that does not exist when the form is posted, causing the recordset to be empty.

change the forms action:

php:
<form  action="" method="post" name="WADADeleteForm" id="WADADeleteForm">

to:

php:
<form  action="<?php echo((isset($_SERVER["PHP_SELF"]))?$_SERVER["PHP_SELF"]:""?>?OrderID=<?php echo(isset($_GET['OrderID'])?$_GET['OrderID']:""); ?>" method="post" name="WADADeleteForm" id="WADADeleteForm">

Steve E

Hi Ray
Thats the wrong form, scroll down the page a bit, you are looking for
<form class="_PINKGOLDEMAIL" id="SimpleInsert__PINKGOLDEMAIL" name="SimpleInsert__PINKGOLDEMAIL" method="post" action="<?php echo $_SERVER["PHP_SELF"]; ?>">
The record set is WADAOrders
Thanks again

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I'm Jason, not Ray.

The problem is still the same, the forms action does not pass the querystring variable needed by the recordset.

change the code for the action:
action="<?php echo $_SERVER["PHP_SELF"]; ?>"

to:
action="<?php echo $_SERVER["PHP_SELF"]; ?>?OrderID=<?php echo(isset($_GET['OrderID'])?$_GET['OrderID']:""); ?>"

Steve E

Sorry Jason
I do apologise for the name mistake, anyway that works great now, thank you very much.
All the best.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

No worries, My name gets mixed up all the time

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...