close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

MySQL connection getting 'An Unidentified error has occurred.'

Thread began 8/31/2011 11:37 am by pete407231 | Last modified 9/01/2011 6:34 am by Jason Byrnes | 21753 views | 9 replies |

pete407231

MySQL connection getting 'An Unidentified error has occurred.'

Using Dreamweaver CS4, and inserting SecurityAssist 1.x into a php page from a template, I was asked to set up my Connections name, MySQL server, User name & password and Database in the program's MySQL connection wizard. I did so and my host, Bluehost.com verified that everything needed is in my account there. I can also access the account from other Dreamweaver functions so there's no connection error with Dreamweaver. however, when testing the MySQL connection through SecurityAssist, I get 'An Unidentified Error Has Occured.' I have tried the MySQL server entry as local, remote and the IP address but get the same message every time. Why won't this program connect?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Most likely there is an issue with the Testing Server Settings in the Dreamweaver Site Definition.

See the "Defining a Dynamic Site in Dreamweaver" tutorial on the learning resources page:
resources.php?utm_campaign=Forum_header&utm_medium=Forums&utm_source=WebAssistForums

pete407231

Can you give me any guidance other than go here? Like what string or subject I should be reading? I've done all this already and googled it galore.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the problem is in the Testing Server settings of the site definition.

the "Defining a Dynamic Site in Dreamweaver" tutorial on the learning resources page will help you with configuring the testing server settings of your site definition.

If it is not working for you, please provide details on how you have the testing server section of the site definition, with that information I may be able to tell you what is wrong.

pete407231

In the Dreamweaver site's definitions:

LOCAL INFO:
Local root folder goes to /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/(name of my folder)
HTTP address: petespolls/

REMOTE INFO:
Access: FTP
FTP host: (my ip address)
Host directory: public_html/petespolls/

TESTING SERVER:
Server Model: PHP My SQL
Access: FTP
FTP host: (my ip address)
Host Directory: public_html/petespolls/

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

and in the testing server definition, what is the URL Prefix set to?

it should be set to:
petespolls/

pete407231

It's that, exactly as you wrote it.

pete407231

And after an hour with Bluehost.com, everything on their end and what I've set up should work.

pete407231

Did you go home for the day?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

It is often difficult to get Dreamweaver working when using the remote server for a testing, there are many factors that could be causing the issue.

for this reason, we suggest using a local testing server for development.

Sere the learning resources page for details on installing a local testing server:
resources.php?utm_campaign=Forum_header&utm_medium=Forums&utm_source=WebAssistForums

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...