close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Paypal Express

Thread began 8/25/2011 7:57 am by rob294118 | Last modified 8/31/2011 12:51 pm by Jason Byrnes | 2730 views | 11 replies |

rob294118

Paypal Express

PowerStore offers Paypal Express as a checkout option. Is there a way I can add this to eCart?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

In the eCart checkout wizard, express checkout will be configured as part of the PayPal Payments Pro gateway, if you want only express checkout, you can delete the credit card form from the checkout page after it is created.

rob294118

Is there any way to use Paypal standard and add the Express checkout?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you would need to add the Authentication For Express checkout behavior to the existing cehckout page.

then build the pp_confirm.php page manually and add the Get payer profile server behavior and the Process Express Checkout server behavior

it would be easier to re run the cehckout wizard using Paypal Pro, make sure to set the names of the pages being created to use unique names, then add a link to the checkout page to click here to use express checkout and point that to the new checkout pages that where created,

this would ensure that the pages created had the behaviors for storing to the database and sending the email in place as well.

rob294118

I have a valid API because Paypal Express works. Now, I can't get Paypal Standard to work. I ran the installation in Dreamweaver. When I try to checkout, I get this Paypal error:

We cannot process this transaction because there is a problem with the PayPal email address supplied by the seller. Please contact the seller to resolve the problem. If this payment is for an eBay listing, you can contact the seller via the "Ask Seller a Question" link on the listing page. When you have the correct email address, payment can be made at www.paypal.com.

rob294118

I got that part to work but now am getting this Paypal error:

Unable to process payment. Please contact the merchant as the shipping address provided by the merchant is invalid, and the merchant has requested that your order must be shipped to that address.

rob294118

Everything is working.

When I click Modify Information when checking out, I lose all the information that was there. How can I keep that?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

on the checkout page select each form element.

on the properties panel, click the lightning bolt icon next to initial value.

From the Bindings panel, expand the session collection. select the eCartCheckoutForm_<element Name> session variable where <element Name> is the name of the form element you are binding.

rob294118

I tried that for the firstname and lastname fields but it's not working for some reason.

I attached the page.

Attached Files
webassist.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you have bound the first name and last name to the POST form variables from the bindings panel.

you need to use the eCartCheckoutForm_<element Name> variables from the SESSION collection, not the form collection.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...