close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Ecart Summary page - I need to see each line item, not a collapsed summary

Thread began 8/10/2011 7:02 am by sky927 | Last modified 8/10/2011 5:36 pm by sky927 | 2403 views | 4 replies |

sky927

Ecart Summary page - I need to see each line item, not a collapsed summary

How do I change the ecart summary page from collapsing the line items.

My shopping cart displays each item perfectly . . . (example below)

description: birthstone bracelet, birthstone: sapphire, initial: J, price: $49.95, quantity: 1, total: $49.95.

description: birthstone bracelet, birthstone: emerald, initial: F, price: $49.95, quantity: 1, total: $49.95.

But, once at the summary page, it collapses the line items . . . (example below)

description: birthstone bracelet, price: $49.95, quantity: 2, total: $99.90.

How do I STOP this from happening? I need to see each line item (exactly like the cart page) in order to know exactly what the customers are ordering when I get a copy of the email that is triggered from the receipt page. Also, the customer needs to see the summary of exactly what they ordered before they select the SUBMIT for purchase button.

Please HELP!
~Jennifer

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

can you send a link where i can see the problem to get a better understanding of what is going wrong.

sky927

Link that you requested . . .

Jason,

1) Please go to www.dogzar.com.
2) The Log In is located at the bottom right corner of the page. (I don't have it linked to the SHOP yet, I'm waiting until I finish the shopping cart)
3) For Log In, just enter username for username and password for password.
4) After log in success, select Dogzar Jewels Collection.
5) Enter a Canine Mother bracelet selection a couple times, so that you have two of the same product in the cart. (Just select continue shopping to order more from the Jewels Collection)
6) Then select Checkout, which takes you to the checkout page. And select checkout again to go to the Summary page (confirm.php).
7) The summary page is collapsing the items to one line item - is there a way of making the confirm.php summary page show all the items separately, exactly like the cart.php page. I entered the column headers and code to match the cart page hoping that it would send the information over, but it didn't.

Thank you so much Jason.
~Jennifer

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I see, so from the cart page at:
cart.php

you are using the SSL transfer to transfer the cart to the checkout page at:
checkout.php

did you add the ssl transfer before adding the option columns for initial and birthstone?

if so, the code for those columns would not have been included, so the options are not passing over.

you will need to delete the SSL transfer form from the cart page, delete the populate cart from form behavior from the checkout page, then re apply them so that the code will be generated for the current collection of cart columns.

sky927

eCart Summary Page Works Perfectly!!!

Dear Jason,

I did exactly as you instructed. Doing so brought the cart item information over correctly to the summary/confirm page. But the items were still collapsing. So, after hours of studying the code, I figured it out. I went to the eCart Object wizard and made the items that were selectable . . . UNIQUE. Doing this allowed the items to be listed separately without collapsing. Yeah! Finally! Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it.

~Jennifer

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...