close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Dynamic, Essential Suite - suggestion for bundle mix

Thread began 7/12/2009 7:40 am by golegup359373 | Last modified 7/16/2009 9:22 am by Ray Borduin | 3629 views | 7 replies |

golegup359373

Dynamic, Essential Suite - suggestion for bundle mix

The team at WebAsssist does a great job a marketing their products. They have put together a nice lineup aimed at both web designers (design suite) and developers (Dynamic Suite), and a now a third cross-over category: Designer/Developer (Essential Suite).

Each of these is a good mix of bundled products. However, one glaring omission from BOTH the Dynamic AND Essential Suites is the "Validation Toolkit" This product is commonly used in conjunction with "Universal EMail" and squarely aimed at this market.

This omission doesn't make sense.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It will make more sense at the end of next month.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Willi Schneider

Hi Ray

Does that mean, that there will be a new "Essential Suite 2.0" to come in August.
If so, will there be a free upgrade if I buy now?
Will this include CSS Sculptor 3?

Your answer would be interesting, since the "Essential Suite - launch discount" offer expires tomorrow.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Anyone that purchases any product gets free upgrades for 30 days, so you would get any updates in that timeframe.

Suites are bundles of products, so if we add products, we usually will adjust the price accordingly and would not change the version number of the suite itself. So there won't likely be any updates or upgrades for suite owners that are unpaid for. In other words either way you would save money by buying during the launch discount period and waiting will cost more to get the same tools.

Willi Schneider

Hi Ray

Thanks for your fast reply.

My question is, because I have an upgrade option for Essential Suite that is just 10$ above the launch discount price, due to some products, I bought in the past.
So, if I buy now, it will only save me 10$. However I'll have to pay more for an upgrade to whatever comes at the end of next month, if that exceeds the "30-day-free-upgrade-period".
It would be helpful to get a timeline for upcoming releases like Sculptor 3 to make my decision and buy right now... or lose these 10$, but save a whole lot more by just waiting a few days. I hope you know what I mean.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Internal timelines sometimes change, so if we were to reveal them and say that an update was supposed to come at a certain date and then we delay or change our schedule entirely to accomodate for a major issue or event like CS5 is released or we have a great new extension idea.... then we have users complaining that they made the decision and lost because the date wasn't accurate.

We just can't give out dates and predictions about the future that might be wrong because people like you would depend on them. It could hurt both sales and customer satisfaction if those dates weren't accurate, and may hurt sales by exposing them at all even if they were.

Willi Schneider

Hi Ray

Thanks for the info. Of course I understand your policy.
My question in this particluar case was just because you made some kind of announcement: "It will make more sense at the end of next month"

So I thought you could give a precise date for that.

I'll wait to see what's coming up then...

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Next months updates will most likely not effect the Essential Suite, so as I implied before you should not use as a basis for your decision on whether to take advantage of the current sale.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...