close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Dynamic Tax

Thread began 8/05/2011 9:44 am by Miguel | Last modified 6/12/2013 7:31 pm by Miguel | 1259 views | 4 replies |

Miguel

Dynamic Tax

Is therea way i can make the tax calculate by a dynamic field extracting the tax value depending on what i have on a database table named taxes for example, i ask this cause the country where i am they change the taxes every year and some of my clients have ask me if they can set the taxt value manually from the admin section, any lead on how i can acomplish this?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you could do this by creating a database table to hold the tax rate, and storing the tax rate in a session variable.

on the cart page, create a recordset to lookup the tax rate in the database, then add a set session value behavior.

on the server behaviors panel, click the plus button and select eCart -> General -> Set Session Value.

set the trigger to:
If Session Variable is not defined

set the name to TaxRate

for the value, click the lightning bolt, and select the tax rate column from the recordset.

you may need to rearrange the code so that the set session variable behavior is after the recordset.

then in the tax rule, you can refer to the tax rate using $_SESSION['TaxRate']

Miguel

Sorry to bring this up after so much time last time i just totally edited and practally manually made the tax calculation modified so much ecart that was a pain later on for any update to the page. So now i will try to do this the correct way.

Ok storing the taxRate in a session is easy but how can i tell the grand total to use that tax rate saved in a session, i see that in the eCart Merchandising Rules theres an option for if session exist ok so far until here or also using total number of items > 0 so far the last step is what im not sure what to do.

On other places i had the tax setted to : Cart Taxeble total --> Times --> 0.12 (since the tax is at 12% for that other job) but the one im making right now the country changes the tax rate every year so i have to make it dynamic, so on that last part of the rule what should i pick im guessing based on a column subtotal and picking TaxRate but after that time? minus? i dunno from here any help please?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

instead of:
Cart Taxeble total --> Times --> 0.12

use:
Cart Taxeble total --> Times --> $_SESSION['nameOfTaxSession']

Miguel

Thank you Jason worked like a charm

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...