close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Auto Login / Remember me

Thread began 7/12/2009 4:23 am by John Langer | Last modified 7/17/2009 1:01 pm by John Langer | 4261 views | 8 replies |

John LangerBeta Tester

Auto Login / Remember me

Hi,

I've already set up the Security Assist LogIn features and it's all working perfectly.

The client would now like the Auto Login and Remember me features added.

1. What's the difference between the two? Does having both on the page add anything security / convenience wise?

2. How easy is it to add these functionalities to an existing login page? Is there a tutorial somewhere or a help file? I have searched for an answer but can't seem to find it. I don't really want to have to start again with the wizard.

Many thanks,

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

1) Remember me sets cookies with username and password values and pre-populates the two fields. Auto login will check if the cookies exist and will log you in and skip the login page entirely. Remember me is required for Autologin to work and not the other way around.

2) You use cookies toolkit to set the cookies and set the initial values of the form elements from the cookies, and then you apply the login server behavior a second time on the page with the same settings as the first only using the cookie values for the username, password, and trigger... maybe run the wizard again on another page and look at what it does as a sample.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

John LangerBeta Tester

Thanks Ray, you've explained it beautifully.

I like the suggestion of running the wizard on another page to get the examples. Why didn't I think of that? :-)

Many thanks.

John LangerBeta Tester

Hi Ray,

Just thought I'd update this to say that it worked like a dream.

Many thanks.

roywurgley382617

John,
if possible could I see the site you have put a registeration and login on, I am looking into purchase but would like to see live, instead of on wa site, and you seem happy with the performace of this, correct? Thx

John LangerBeta Tester

Hi Roy,

I haven't done a registration page but here is the login page if it helps

I'd certainly recommend buying this extension. It's brilliant as are all of WebAssists extensions.

The real beauty is that if you get stuck they are always more than willing to help.

roywurgley382617

thx John, you helped make up my mind to purchase, I think you use to hang out at community mx?

roywurgley382617

John, forgot to ask you what all products do you have from WA, thx Roy

John LangerBeta Tester

Hi Roy,

Good decision.

Yes I hang out at CMX. aka John E

I think I have all extensions apart from Dynamic Web Charts.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...