close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

All righty then....

Thread began 8/02/2011 8:59 am by sjuno299871 | Last modified 8/03/2011 12:48 pm by sjuno299871 | 2304 views | 8 replies |

sjuno299871

All righty then....

I am now officially frustrated I was hoping that I could just use e-cart 5 without a database to do this, I do not want a payment platform as we will confirm with customer before embroidering. I just want to collect the information of what they order and then we will take care of it from there.
I have a page with 9 shirt styles

NOBS/

They click on the style they want. You can click on the pink one or

LST650Heck.php -still have to set up tables live..

I need 3 choice list buttons:
1. Charter Name - 55 options list menu
2. Size - choice of XS-4XL
3. Colors each on is different depending on style anywhere from 3 colors to 12 colors
So I should just add the database and thus capture the info correct, any other options.
I thought the static fields program would generate the needed tables but I guess not as all I captured was the order total and address info.
Options or thoughts
Sorry use to think I was smart no more

Sign in to reply to this post

sjuno299871

Comment

Do I need to add
Color
CharterName
size
to orders detail table

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

yes, you will need to add a column to your order details table for each of the options types.

you can use the free eCommerce database as a starting point for the orders and orders details tables:
ecommerce-database/

as long as you have a database connection set up before running the checkout wizard, you will be prompted to configure storing the order in the database, this will configure the eCart store order summary and store order details behaviors on the confirm page.

sjuno299871

Making sure I am doing this correct

I do not have to run DataAssist since I already have my pages set up and just want to add the cart and get the database into the mix. Correct?

on my page LST650Heck.php I will be displaying the price from products table then binding my

1. I added the three additional items to order details table
2. added my products to the Products table
3. Do I need to run queries for record set for products, orders and orders detail on each of my 9 cart pages?
4. Do I create a static and bind it to my order details table for color, size and charter name?
5. How will the orders table be populated? not the detail....

sjuno299871

Also another issue

I want the database to recognize that the product is LST650 for the page LST650 as opposed to KP60 or any other product, so when they click on the LST650 page it displays the correct price of $44.77 and ID of 1. do i put a hidden static ID to bind with the products file?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you dont need to use the database on any of the product pages since you are just storing the information when the user places the order.

you would only need to configure the checkout wizard to store the order summary and order details on checkout.

sjuno299871

getting more foggy

you dont need to use the database on any of the product pages since you are just storing the information when the user places the order.

Now I am very confused because I was told in a previous post that I would need to use a database to store these.

I have edited Cart adding the additional fields
add cart on page with static list fields hard coded in price
and still have not done the checkout wizard

So when doing the checkout wizard do I need a dynamic connection to a database? Or do I need it to point to a blank folder? or what do I need.

It is asking me for a data connection on my check out and where will these order storing tables be created.

my payment options will be I am using credit card pay/pal option using the needed static fields in the NOSB edit cart object and then place them onto the product page passing the information to where?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

yes, you need to use a database to store the order at checkout time.

you do not need to use a database on the product pages.

only the confirm page will connect to the database.

to use a database, you need to have a connection to the mysql server.

the order information will be stored in the database on the mysql server.

sjuno299871

Ok getting it

I ran the checkout wizard with a blank database 2 files created got it! i am going to point to the Free ecommerce dbase to utilize product options I now see whats up...more questions coming shortly new thread tho

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...