close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

iRite and latest version of FCKEditor

Thread began 7/10/2009 3:17 am by Dooza | Last modified 9/15/2009 7:15 am by Ray Borduin | 7220 views | 14 replies |

Dooza

iRite and latest version of FCKEditor

How easy is it to update iRite to the latest version of FCKEditor? It seems to be really behind, and there has been a number of security updates and improvements.

Cheers,

Steve

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It should just be a matter of overwriting the WA_iRite/editor directory with the current version of the editor from the fck web site.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

karesz288378

is the process same with the new ckeditor 3.0 too?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

No. CKeditor 3.0 is completely different and could not be applied by our wizard without major updates.

web_assist_mail157665

NO, no, no - Hang on a minute

If there are bugs that are fixed by the latest (and probably last) FCK editor
then Webassist should be putting it into a build and releasing it!!??

What sort of customer service is that! - OK madam - here's a few clues - go fix it yourself!

C'mon webassist - do you have ANY respect for your customers? are are they just a money making vehicle

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Which bugs are you referring to? I am not aware of any, but really the update, if necessay, takes only a few minutes if you want to do it.

We will eventually roll the update into a build, but we don't promise to adhere to their release and update schedule, so we make it very simple to update it yourself. Sorry if this rubs you wrong. Customers are a great source for ideas, harsh criticism, and quick judgment as well.

web_assist_mail157665

Originally Said By: Ray Borduin
  Which bugs are you referring to? I am not aware of any, but really the update, if necessay, takes only a few minutes if you want to do it.

We will eventually roll the update into a build, but we don't promise to adhere to their release and update schedule, so we make it very simple to update it yourself. Sorry if this rubs you wrong. Customers are a great source for ideas, harsh criticism, and quick judgment as well.  

I'm more than happy to put my thoughts and ideas into a company that responds to its users needs with some speed. I have already made several detailed product suggestions - giving my time and thoughts freely to webassist. Sadly, it cetainly feels like a one way street at present, with very little response to those suggestions or more immediate problems such as this.

I've said it too many times now - I don't buy extensions to fix things myself.

IF IE8 users cannot see/edit links in iRite thats pretty major and needs application of your resources, to issue an immediate update. Not to roll a fix into the next product release.

You are still selling iRite with this issue?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Do you have a sample URL? Like I have said I am not aware of the issue and have used iRite on IE8.

Whatever issues may exist in iRite they will be handled just like any other bug in any other product, we will review it, identify a fix, and eventually roll it into a build.

anonymous

web_assist_mail,

See my earlier post: showthread.php?t=3179

In that, Eric kindly showed the path of the "source" files of the extension - which I have confirmed that you can take the latest build of FCKeditor and overwrite those files and then your extension will deploy the latest version of FCKeditor.

It seriously takes 30 seconds to do and your done... and while WA probably could update to the latest release the same way and roll out a dot release of the extension, you have to remember that extensive testing has to be done to insure that it will work under all environments. But so far, I can tell you that I have had no problems... just follow the link and you'll be good to go.

Cheers,

Brian

web_assist_mail157665

Understand what you are saying. But the principle remains.
It really sends the wrong message to users when problems arise and they are not fixed in the product.

I didn't purchase FCK editor, I purchased iRite from Webassist.

If it was so easy to fix - why wasn't the product updated?

iRite should have been updated weeks ago rather than WA concentrating on yet more revenue centric ventures.

Its putting the user LAST! and a COP OUT to say fix it yourself. ?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...